Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bye Bye CeepoUSA?
Quote | Reply
Saw this post from Drivetrain Sports on FB:

"Sad to post this but we are officially shutting down Ceepo USA. It's been a great run but with sales being slow in the road and triathlon market, we've made the decision to close. All sales will be handled by Ceepo directly. Thanks for all the support the past 2 years."

Potts????
Last edited by: ggeiger: Jun 18, 18 8:21
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye Ceepo? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drivetrain Sports and Ceepo USA are just the US distributor, correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye Ceepo? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:

That's what it looks like to me. Wonder what a no-USA presence will do. Not very good for the brand I would think.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye CeepoUSA? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:

Potts????

first thing i thought when i read the thread title.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye Ceepo? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

That's what it looks like to me. Wonder what a no-USA presence will do. Not very good for the brand I would think.
Depends entirely on the details which I know nothing about. If Ceepo USA is just a distributor and either they couldn't make it work and folded, or Ceepo weren't happy with them and pulled the plug, they might resume distribution in the US through a different distributor. In that case this could be a positive move for the brand. If they've decided it's simply not worthwhile distributing in US because they weren't selling much, or making money on their sales, then it may be better to focus elsewhere. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye Ceepo? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's sad for potts

That Ceepo Climax bike looked great
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye Ceepo? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
That's sad for potts

That Ceepo Climax bike looked great

Maybe they will chime in, as I know in the past Steve Harad has been here, both with Blue and Ceepo.
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye CeepoUSA? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

Potts????

first thing i thought when i read the thread title.

I would hope his deal is with Ceepo and not with Drivetrain Sports, though his previous relationship with Kestrel (& Steven Harad) makes it possible that that isn't the correct assumption necessarily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me explain.

We, Drivetrain Sports have decided to stop selling Ceepo Bicycles. The bicycle industry is tough and distribution is even tougher with very little margin. Ceepo will continue selling direct into the states. It's a business decision that makes sense for both parties and has nothing negative attached to it.

Potts is well aware before he signed with Ceepo. I was involved in getting him to look at Ceepo but was clear he was in good hands with the company with or without Drivetrain Sports involvement. Andy has been great to work with from the time I first signed him with Kestrel. I will continue to support him where I can but in a limited role as Marc who runs Ceepo is really his point of contact.

I'm still in the bike industry and work full time now for Hawley Lambert designing bikes and parts and also have other business in the triathlon world I'm involved with.

So, no negatives, the brand Ceepo is in good hands and I'm on to new things!

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye CeepoUSA? [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the update, good luck! You may want to change your ST handle : )
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye CeepoUSA? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just shutting down on Ceepo distribution, not my company. We work with a few other brands outside the industry.

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an update, we are back!

Ceepo USA is starting again and we will be launching our new website early next year. We are currently importing framesets and hand-building each per customer requests.

Sponsorship is open now and resumes can be sent to stevenharad@yahoo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bye Bye CeepoUSA? [sharad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sharad wrote:
Just an update, we are back!

Ceepo USA is starting again and we will be launching our new website early next year. We are currently importing framesets and hand-building each per customer requests.

Sponsorship is open now and resumes can be sent to stevenharad@yahoo.com

So you must think we are exiting this trough in the business cycle of bikes then?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That design of Ceepo Shadow-R was just ridiculous. I knew this would happen when I saw it. People want decent looking bike with affordable price. Not an ugly bike like that.
Quote Reply