Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Merry Christmas, Vancouver
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys, a Merry CHristmas to you all in Vancouver. I hope the ever present rain hasn't curtailed any plans you had,. I see from the forecast that I can expect to have rain every single one of my 10 day visit. Still, I guess it will build character, or at least grass!

Hope to see most of you at the PB on New Years or whatever together Andypants has arranged for us.

Julian In Vancouver.
Quote Reply
Re: Merry Christmas, Vancouver [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, from where I look there is no rain at this moment and the temperatures are real warm for this time of the year. I'm trying to motivate myself to get off the couch and out for a run along the water. I've only run about 10 miles total in the past two weeks and that's bad, real bad. This week I'll jump back on the running band wagon. The more free time I have the less I seem to get done.

Merry Christmas Julian. I actually don't celebrate Christmas (I'm Jewish) but I managed to be included in huge Christmas meals every year. So last night I ate too well, tonight I will eat too well, then again on Monday night I'll eat too well for Hanukkah! Ahhhhhh.... must go and run NOW!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas, amigo. We'll be out riding pretty much every day if you care to join in the fun. Call/email Simon or myself for details.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Merry Christmas, Vancouver [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Karen, just remind me what Hanukkah celebrates? Although I live in a town with a large Jewish community I always feel it might be considered rude to ask about their religion. Not having a religion of my own (Church of England!) I am always interested in religious symbolism. I always want to ask the Quaker ladies what the small head scarf symbolises but always hold short for fear of offending.

I managed a short ride to check out my bike after putting it together and am ready to do a 15 minute treadmill run Tuesday.

Have a good run.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Merry Christmas, Vancouver [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dude I just heard from Simon 0900 at the Aquatic centre on Tuesday. You in?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simon SWIMS?!!! You must mean that we're riding from there... ;-)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hanukkah celebrates the Jewish Festival of Lights. A long time ago the Jewish temple was destroyed. A tiny bit of oil was found and ended up burning way longer than expected - like for eight days. Hanukkah, as far as Jewish holidays goes, is rather insignificant.

I managed to head out for a run, although of the 12 km I traveled I probably ran 6 of them. It's better than nothing. The next goal is to take my bike off the trainer and bring it outside. Hmmmmm that may have to wait for a rain free day.

Glad to hear the bike is well. Enjoy your treadmill run. May it be pain free.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got in an easy 40min run. Felt good to be out and running again, and the warm weather coupled with the unseasonable dryness was a very nice bonus indeed. :)

You coming out riding tomorrow?

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a smart move to start off walk/run intervals for the ifrst run back, your body will thank you by coping with the effort far better than a full on effort.

Thanks for the good wishes and information about Hanukkah, I thought it was a more significant festival than that. You live and learn, thank you.

Quote Reply
Re: Merry Christmas, Vancouver [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you guys are all running now, my turn this pm. See you at the Aqutic centre for our ride tomorrow at 0900. I will do everything I can to there on time but Celina has a problem with time and direction concepts! I am working on it!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you leave her place by 07:00, you should have no problems. ;-)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep this is good running weather. Mild as heck, even with the rain. Logged 15k this morning. Legs are getting stronger... shuold be good for the 20k ya-neh and I are doing on Jan 1 before our big pig out.

As for a get together, K is quite sick with a cold, so I think getting together at my place is out :-(. Anyone who wants to joing ya-neh and I for some or all of our run, I expect we will do false creek then the seawall, probably starting at VAC, around 10am. That way we can dog it for about 2 hrs, then go eat and go watch/participate in the Polar Bear swim at 2:30pm (info: http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/...rbear/2006/index.htm)

How does that sound?

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Merry Christmas, Vancouver [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of running in the rain:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/...magazine/4562132.stm
Quote Reply