Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Power Lab Tire RR Data
Quote | Reply
I stumbled across this page the other day: https://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/TyreSelection.aspx

Not sure how credible the data is. For example, if I select the Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX (23) with butyl tube as my baseline tire, then the chart shows the Conti GP 4000S II (25) with latex tube to be 1 watt slower at 40kph. The same Conti tire with butyl tube is 6 watts slower. Both Conti GP Attack II & Force II are shown slower as well.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Power Lab Tire RR Data [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice that they added wattage difference as well, though it looks like it is probably just a percentage difference in width.

Some of the results look a bit odd, like some of the supersonics, but overall it is a nice summary
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Power Lab Tire RR Data [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the issues I see is the Continental Competition tubular tire is listed has having a higher Crr than its brother the Sprinter. Everywhere else I read on the web says the Competition is faster than the Sprinter.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Power Lab Tire RR Data [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
One of the issues I see is the Continental Competition tubular tire is listed has having a higher Crr than its brother the Sprinter. Everywhere else I read on the web says the Competition is faster than the Sprinter.

The baseline tire selection dropdown list shows Crr source as Al Morrison or BRR. The Al Morrison/BTR tire data is close to 10 years old at this point. Testing has shown Conti making running production changes to their tires without renaming the version.

It's not clear what was utilized to validate equal baselines between the two Crr data sets.
Quote Reply