Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Happy Fathers Day !
Quote | Reply
Hope you all have a nice Fathers Day and get to play golf , nap or do whatever you find relaxing.

I will be building sand castles at the beach today.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Fathers Day ! [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Hope you all have a nice Fathers Day and get to play golf , nap or do whatever you find relaxing.

I will be building sand castles at the beach today.

For whatever reason (perhaps because my father and my uncle used to play this song in a band they were in in the late 60s), this song always comes to mind whenever Fathers Day annually makes its appearance. Fathers are truly the indispensable men.

(P.S. There's an O. Henry-like twist in the song's third verse, so happy Fathers Day to every father out there. :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll be thanking God I made it to age 51 with no kids or step kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finishing up with cleaning (office is last room) and staging (exterior) for going live on Tuesday with listing our home of the last 15 years, is my day today. If I can get everything done, I may take my middle son to see Dead Pool 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife went to Timmies for coffee, and the 2year old made a popsicle stick picture frame for me. Sitting on the deck for another 30 minutes or so watching them play, then it’s time for chores.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today is my first Father's day as a dad. I didn't think it would be a big deal for me, but, it does feel like one. Wife got me a really nice bottle of Scotch (which I had way too much of last night, and am now hungover). Going to spend the day with the family, take the dog out, BBQ with my dad tonight... Can't ask for much more.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished watching LeMans (My Father's Day gift).
Off for a little bike ride then lunch with the family.
Son is grown, but he'll have lunch with dad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the website The Art of Manliness:

The Grant Study, the longest longitudinal study ever done on the lives of men, found that a man's father influenced his life in many ways exclusive to his relationship with his mother. Loving fathers imparted to their sons:

-- Enhanced capacity to play.

-- More enjoyment of vacations.

-- Greater likelihood of being able to use humor as a healthy coping mechanism.

-- Better adjustment to, and greater contentment with, life after retirement.

-- Less anxiety and fewer physical and mental symptoms under stress in young adulthood.

Hats off to all you fathers and dads out there today! :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Fathers Day ! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Today is my first Father's day as a dad. I didn't think it would be a big deal for me, but, it does feel like one. Wife got me a really nice bottle of Scotch (which I had way too much of last night, and am now hungover). Going to spend the day with the family, take the dog out, BBQ with my dad tonight... Can't ask for much more.

That’s a solid day.

Happy FIRST Fathers Day.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6 year old woke me up at 530am because he was so excited to give me his and Mrs Skipjacks gift (new watch band for the dive watch). Mrs S made my favorite bfast of all time (juavos con chorizo). Now it's chilling before I head out back to make some serious progress on the above ground fort I've been building.

After that will either take the 2 hours to myself that was offered or go see Incredibles 2 with them.

Tonight it's Korean bbq and hopefully a full nights sleep.

Father's day kicks ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Fathers Day ! [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete37 wrote:
I’ll be thanking God I made it to age 51 with no kids or step kids.

+1

Except for the “God” part. I will be thanking science for creating vasectomies.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'm playing in the World Series of poker today!! Wife and her cousin taking care of the kids for the day, and hopefully I will be busy til 1am tonight, and then tomorrow, and then Tuesday!..

They took a triple take on my ID though, she just could not accept that I was over 60, that was a nice fathers day present..
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Fathers Day ! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As in Vegas WSP ?!?!

That’s awesome. Good luck Monty !

Start a thread on that with updates.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes Vegas baby!! Made it to about 1200 out of almost 6000 in the seniors the other day, unfortunately about 300 from the money. Made some quick cash in 1 table satellites, but looking for the big 6 figure score today..
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Fathers Day ! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
From the website The Art of Manliness:

The Grant Study, the longest longitudinal study ever done on the lives of men, found that a man's father influenced his life in many ways exclusive to his relationship with his mother. Loving fathers imparted to their sons:

-- Enhanced capacity to play.

-- More enjoyment of vacations.

-- Greater likelihood of being able to use humor as a healthy coping mechanism.

-- Better adjustment to, and greater contentment with, life after retirement.

-- Less anxiety and fewer physical and mental symptoms under stress in young adulthood.

Hats off to all you fathers and dads out there today! :-)

Best thing I got from my dad is his sense of humour. The two of us have been laughing to ourselves all day dealing with stress my youngest sibling caused.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply