Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are the odds no one cares about the last pairing at the US OPEN after 9 holes of final round?
Quote | Reply
Well, it's gonna be interesting tomorrow, after the over water the course, and these guys start shooting lights out. The Final pairing will be out of contention by the 9th hole, and that kind of sucks, but will be interesting watching earlier as lots of folks have a shot now.

Oh and Phil should be DQ'd but by what they said at the end sounded like they could not apply that rule.. I bet they change the rule. Odds we see someone else do that again this year (but get to the ball sooner to knock it into the hole)

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jun 16, 18 23:11
Quote Reply
Re: Odds no one cares about the last pairing after 9 holes [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phil should be DQed and it’s gonna be brutal out there tomorrow.

When I said the courses weren’t hard enough, this is not what I had in mind.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Odds no one cares about the last pairing after 9 holes [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
Phil should be DQed and it’s gonna be brutal out there tomorrow.

When I said the courses weren’t hard enough, this is not what I had in mind.

Your kidding right, they are going to make the holes in easier locations over water and the greens, and I bet winner is at about 3 or 4 under. We are going to see lots of low scores tomorrow.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Odds no one cares about the last pairing after 9 holes [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, not as low of early scores, the question how will the wind pick up and what happens to the course as we go. So far I am impressed it doesn't appear that they went to far towards making it easy.

To last 2 golfers will still be out of contention by the turn.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You spoiled it for me.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Odds no one cares about the last pairing after 9 holes [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
You spoiled it for me.

We should have had 62 today, but a 63 pretty well tells you where the course is... Oh and where are the leaders Well at the turn they are 5th and 6th 5 and 6 strokes back, very little coverage of them.

Love having a 2 over in the clubhouse. Wind picks up this could get exciting.

Just Triing
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jun 17, 18 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
H- wrote:
You spoiled it for me.

We should have had 62 today, but a 63 pretty well tells you where the course is... Oh and where are the leaders Well at the turn they are 5th and 6th 5 and 6 strokes back, very little coverage of them.

Well, two of the leaders are dropping back. The other two 3rd round leaders are well, in the lead. And only 4 guys are more than 2 under for the day and 15/67 under par, so not like the course has been made easy.

But if I were Fleetwood, I wouldn't be unhappy with where I was at.

ETA - don't look now but Finau is back in it. So last pair not in it at the turn, but is at 12.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jun 17, 18 13:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a bad tournament in back nine. Several guys still in it. However, I can't take the commentators at all. None stop blab.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Odds no one cares about the last pairing after 9 holes [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Yep. Course record, runner up at the US Open. Not bad.

Koepka is the first back-to-back winner in about 30 years.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Odds no one cares about the last pairing after 9 holes [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
H- wrote:
You spoiled it for me.

Well, two of the leaders are dropping back. The other two 3rd round leaders are well, in the lead. And only 4 guys are more than 2 under for the day and 15/67 under par, so not like the course has been made easy.

ETA - don't look now but Finau is back in it. So last pair not in it at the turn, but is at 12.

He lost 217K with a double at the 18th. Ouch!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: What are the odds no one cares about the last pairing at the US OPEN after 9 holes of final round? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't watch ANY of it

Y'know why?

Joe Buck

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply