Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
BLeP wrote:

So either... Trump doesn't care if you think that he's an asshole (which I don't believe to be true since he now says he was being sarcastic) or Trump was just telling us his opinion that when he says jump, you should ask how high?

Wait. You forgot to include your very first option: if he was being sarcastic, his delivery is terrible.

Not really. His delivery would be terrible because he doesn't care if you think he's an asshole.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Yes, your statement sounds like an attempt to make Trumps statements much softer than they actually were. When the reality is that he belittled, berated and threatened his allies whilst heaping praise on a dictator.

Perhaps I am wrong. But that is certainly how it reads.

I'm not sure what specific statement he made that you think belittled anyone. And I guess I think there are different levels of threats. I think telling another country that you think they are treating you unfairly and that if they won't work with you to solve the problem that you'll fix it your way is fine. I've never been one to tip toe around an issue. People have said I come off as abrasive, but they also know that I am honest, trustworthy and if I say it, I mean it. (I am in no way saying that Trump is honest or trustworthy or that you should believe that if he says it he will do it)

I thought that when he told the UN that countries not paying their fair share should be held accountable, that is was a good thing. I think being honest about the poor trade policies, i.e. other countries placing tariffs on US goods but the US not doing the same is a good thing. I'm not a big believer in the status quo. Just because things have always been a certain way doesn't make them good or bad.
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
BLeP wrote:

So either... Trump doesn't care if you think that he's an asshole (which I don't believe to be true since he now says he was being sarcastic) or Trump was just telling us his opinion that when he says jump, you should ask how high?

Wait. You forgot to include your very first option: if he was being sarcastic, his delivery is terrible.

Was he also being sarcastic when he responded to Kim's human rights abuses by saying “Yeah, but so have a lot of other people done some really bad things. I could go through a lot of nations where a lot of bad things were done.” Or when he said Kim loves his people?

It just seems odd how positive he is about Kim's behavior when he does not need to be.
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Think of it more this way. You can express your true feelings with family. You should hide your true feelings around adversaries. It makes sense that Trump can tell our allies his true feelings. And it is smart to be more "fake" around NoKo. Especially when you want something from them.

You publicly berate, belittle and threaten your family, and then publicly pour lavish praise and admiration on the most repugnant criminal you can find? Hmmmm.

You are such a f'n idiot...

Are you saying that Trump didn't publicly berate, belittle and threaten his allies whilst publicly lavishing praise and admiration on a dictator?

I'm saying that if some says that I berate, belittle or threaten my family then they are f'n idiots.

Specifically what I said in my statement said nothing about berating, belittling or threatening, that was your and several others interpretation. That is why there is no decent conversation happening between the trumpers and anti-trumpers. No one actually listens to the other side. No different than Obama vs anti O....

He’s a f’n idiot? From someone who totally misinterpreted what he was saying that says a lot. Speaking of not listening...

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
velocomp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Think of it more this way. You can express your true feelings with family. You should hide your true feelings around adversaries. It makes sense that Trump can tell our allies his true feelings. And it is smart to be more "fake" around NoKo. Especially when you want something from them.

You publicly berate, belittle and threaten your family, and then publicly pour lavish praise and admiration on the most repugnant criminal you can find? Hmmmm.

Are you saying that Trump didn't publicly berate, belittle and threaten his allies whilst publicly lavishing praise and admiration on a dictator?

I'm saying that if some says that I berate, belittle or threaten my family then they are f'n idiots.

Specifically what I said in my statement said nothing about berating, belittling or threatening, that was your and several others interpretation. That is why there is no decent conversation happening between the trumpers and anti-trumpers. No one actually listens to the other side. No different than Obama vs anti O....

He’s a f’n idiot? From someone who totally misinterpreted what he was saying that says a lot. Speaking of not listening...

How did I misinterpret, "You publicly berate, belittle and threaten your family, and then publicly pour lavish praise and admiration on the most repugnant criminal you can find? Hmmmm." Seems that is directed at me.... It may be a metaphor comparing how I would act to how Trump acts, but it still is directed at me.
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
velocomp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
velocomp wrote:

How did I misinterpret, "You publicly berate, belittle and threaten your family, and then publicly pour lavish praise and admiration on the most repugnant criminal you can find? Hmmmm." Seems that is directed at me.... It may be a metaphor comparing how I would act to how Trump acts, but it still is directed at me.

OMFG you really are a f'n idiot. He is clearly speaking of Trump and how he speaks about his allies vs NK. How can you possibly think otherwise? What context would he possibly bring your family into it?

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
That's Trump on Kim.

Discuss.

http://theweek.com/...ion-want-people-same

Thank goodness for the 2nd amendment.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Was he also being sarcastic when he responded to Kim's human rights abuses by saying “Yeah, but so have a lot of other people done some really bad things. I could go through a lot of nations where a lot of bad things were done.” Or when he said Kim loves his people?

It just seems odd how positive he is about Kim's behavior when he does not need to be. "

The "I'd like it if people snapped to attention when I spoke," in an of itself isn't really an issue. Its when, like you just said, put it in to the full context, it shows how he seems to really admire his power and would personally like to have that kind of power himself.

Had he said it as an aside, but in the context of, "he's a horrible person. Do you see how scared everyone is? I mean, I get it, I'd love if people snapped to attention when I spoke, ......" it would be much different.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
That's Trump on Kim.

Discuss.

Are you a f'in idiot, too? Clearly it is because of the Second Amendment that we don't have a Kim-style government right now.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
That's Trump on Kim.

Discuss.

I thought that was one of the best comments in the entire thread. If you look closely there's a slight pink tinge.
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
That's Trump on Kim.

Discuss.

I thought that was one of the best comments in the entire thread. If you look closely there's a slight pink tinge.

Are you sure there is a pink tinge?
Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
That's Trump on Kim.

Discuss.

Are you sure there is a pink tinge?

Pretty sure, yeah. But maybe my monitor needs calibration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I've seen, his followers here already do that every single day.

You must be new around here.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Jun 15, 18 22:34
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

What possible "Goods" that are produced in the US could other countries want?

Is this a trick question?

Intel chips?
Apple software?
Natural gas?
Boeing planes?
Any weapon produced by the military-industrial complex

This could go on for pages.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
trail wrote:
windschatten wrote:

What possible "Goods" that are produced in the US could other countries want?

Is this a trick question?

Intel chips?
Apple software?
Natural gas?
Boeing planes?
Any weapon produced by the military-industrial complex

This could go on for pages.

I think you overestimate how "exclusive" these products are (they are not).
Everything is replaceable and already available overseas and (soon) even at an even more competitive price.

In fact, other Nations will just probably shop more in Asia (after all in the past, they voluntarily overpaid because of the trade alliances).
Trump won't hurt, but it is foolish to assume that we won't either.

Of course Trump won’t hurt. He got a personal deal with China. Nevermind that that deal is terrible for the US. Trump got paid.

What conflict of interest?!?

Quote Reply
Re: "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to agree with windschatten.

We would need to have special resources or cheap manufacturing. Something like Boeing Planes would either lose out to Air Bus, or they'd just build a plant in Mexico and sell their planes from there.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply

Prev Next