Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lease turn in with damage
Quote | Reply
Just got rear ended, minor damage, mostly a scratch and a very small size of pea or smaller paint flake. Scratch is probably 18" long, may try to buff it out. Will probably get an insurance claim since I was rear-ended not my fault. But wondering how much do people think the lease company would charge for the damage, If I get the insurance money, should I get it repaired or just let the insurance company deal with it, as a scratch. (If I get it repaired, I would guess they will detect the thicker paint and charge for damage anyhow? )

Gm Financial is the lease company if that matters.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Lease turn in with damage [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Just got rear ended, minor damage, mostly a scratch and a very small size of pea or smaller paint flake. Scratch is probably 18" long, may try to buff it out. Will probably get an insurance claim since I was rear-ended not my fault. But wondering how much do people think the lease company would charge for the damage, If I get the insurance money, should I get it repaired or just let the insurance company deal with it, as a scratch. (If I get it repaired, I would guess they will detect the thicker paint and charge for damage anyhow? )

Had a Honda lease and was in an accident, my fault. It was repaired at an approved auto-body shop and it never affected the lease one bit. As long as it isn't major I don't believe it's an issue.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will get charged the max by GM. I have seen some ridiculous numbers for small damage so it could be a gamble leaving it be. If you're flipping into a new lease the dealer sometimes will take care of it for you as they are moving another new vehicle so that may be on the table for negotiation.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get it repaired generally they don't care. If you leave it as is, they will charge you to repair it when you turn it in.

If it's something you can get buffed out, do that.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

During my time at two different GM franchise car stores (both Chevy dealers) I took in numerous lease turn-ins, some that were clean and sharp, others that came in with various degrees of damage and wear-and-tear. GM Financial, Ally, US Bank... they all tend to charge the maximum amount when it comes to damage and wear and tear. They send out inspectors within a couple weeks of lease turn-in to a dealer and those folks go over the vehicle with a fine-tooth comb and take numerous photos. And then the bill for all the things they find is sent to the lessee. That's when the fun starts...

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Lease turn in with damage [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

During my time at two different GM franchise car stores (both Chevy dealers) I took in numerous lease turn-ins, some that were clean and sharp, others that came in with various degrees of damage and wear-and-tear. GM Financial, Ally, US Bank... they all tend to charge the maximum amount when it comes to damage and wear and tear. They send out inspectors within a couple weeks of lease turn-in to a dealer and those folks go over the vehicle with a fine-tooth comb and take numerous photos. And then the bill for all the things they find is sent to the lessee. That's when the fun starts...

My last lease was with Ally, and I did a pre-inspection about a month out, guy looked over did all the photos and said it was good to go. If he had spotted something I had time to get it fixed. I think I will try buffing it out this weekend and see how it looks.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Lease turn in with damage [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

The fun if proving the damage didnt happen on the lot in the 2 weeks it was in the dealers possession? Sounds like a fun argument to me ðŸ˜

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Lease turn in with damage [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

The fun if proving the damage didnt happen on the lot in the 2 weeks it was in the dealers possession? Sounds like a fun argument to me ðŸ˜

That's why have the pre-return inspection, and then take photo's when you turn it in.

Just Triing
Quote Reply