Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit fitting: online shopping
Quote | Reply
Hey all

I’m in the fortunate (or unfortunate depending on your POV) position where the closest major city is some 5 hours drive away. As such, there’s no easy way for me to go get a wetsuit fitted in a brick and mortar store.

Are there any third party websites or something of that nature where you can plug in various measurements (arm length, shoulder width, etc) and it spits out a list of suitable suits? Or services that perform the same function? So whilst there are plenty of websites dedicated to “how a wetsuit should fit” there doesn’t seem to be any as I describe.

Having minimal experience in wetsuits myself and with no capacity to try them on I don’t want to be blowing money or an ill fitting suit.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fitting: online shopping [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
both Xterra and Roka have a detailed sizing guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto has one. Give them a call if you have any questions, Emilio has a very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

https://www.desotosport.com/...-wetsuits-size-chart

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most mfg have fitment guides in their website.

Post your dimensions here and you'll probably get some responses on similar sizes and mfg from twitchers here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m sure most companies have a chart similar but xterra has a size guide based on height and weight. You could also give them a call and see what they say if you are shaped a bit differently. If you go the xterra route let me know. Have a larger than what you’ll find online discount on their products.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its about more than just measurements. Im also in the market for a wetsuit....willing to spend up to $600, but realistically looking at $300-$400. I live in Southern NJ, well over an hour from serious tri-stores. I made the trip to buy my bike, but not sure if Im willing to take the time for a wetsuit. Ive been scouring the websites for the past few weeks. There are the in-style brands, the "just out of style brands", the industry standards, and the smaller-market share or niche brands. lots of choices. And there are the reviews, both the professional and the end-user. They help, but they dont go far enough. The brand's sizing charts help me determine what size of their suit should ideally fit my 5'10" 172 pound frame. But its about how the suit feels - tight, loose or just right...its about how the rubber feels on my arms and legs, how does the suit fit at my neck, will it be more prone to chafing, how does it come off in T1 etc..etc. Would be fantastic f there is some way to provide this virtual reality based testing for wetsuits (also for saddles, pedals, bikes, etc etc).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
roka's online guide has been very good in my personal opinion for myself and the wife. they are also great about returns / exchanges if things dont fit properly.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto. Look at the size guide, order multiple sizes if you are unsure and return what doesn't work.
And email the owner Emilio Desoto with any questions, he's very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fitting: online shopping [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
DeSoto. Look at the size guide, order multiple sizes if you are unsure and return what doesn't work.
And email the owner Emilio Desoto with any questions, he's very helpful.

This!^^^^

I posted a question about the T1 wetsuits here a while back, and Emilio PM'ed me personally. We exchanged several e-mails and he provided me with his recommendation on fit after I gave him some measurements. The suit fits perfectly and is honestly the best fitting and swimming wetsuit I've ever worn. That sort of customer service (+ fantastic products) has made me a DeSoto fanboy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my 1st wetsuit last year, I ordered three wetsuits. Tried them on without removing tags, and sent the two that didn't fit back for full refunds. I tried a zoot, roka and Xterra. You can't try then in the water, but you can see which one or size feels the best.

The Roka was the perfect fit. The other two didn't feel as good, or either didn't fit according to their charts.

I was happy with my experience.
Last edited by: Spartan420: Jun 15, 18 15:53
Quote Reply