Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help!?! (Training related)
Quote | Reply
Well ladies and gents, I screwed up. I haven’t trained in about three months, completed a sprint in September and trained after for an Olympic just to build up the stamina but the Olympic was until June 23, 2018. After (insert numerous excuses here), I haven’t trained for three months and that Olympic tri is coming up! What advice do you have to not make it suck (as much). How would you train for two weeks? I have to be in Vegas for work next week but won’t use that as an excuse, I’ll get my training in.
Quote Reply
Re: Help!?! (Training related) [nooneslower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim as much as you can. Run short and often. You can fake your way through the bike, not so much for the swim/run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's your weight?

You can't get 2% faster but depending on your weight, you might get 2% lighter.

I agree with swim and run a little. 12 days isn't a whole lot of time.
Quote Reply
Re: Help!?! (Training related) [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weight needs to drop as well, with workouts in twelve days I should drop to same race weight as the sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just swim. Get comfortable with a relaxed smooth swim stroke. If you come out of the water completely gassed then everything will be down hill from there.
You're not going to gain any appreciable fitness in 12 days and crash dieting will probably leave you feeling lethargic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just have fun instead of stressing about doing well, whatever that may mean to you. Enjoy the race atmosphere, getting to SBR on a closed course, and drink up at the end.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply