Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by coyote pelon
Last edited by: coyote pelon: Jun 16, 18 12:37
Re: OMG crash [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had squirrels and birds go through my spokes, never an owl!
Hope your daughter comes away with all this with just a good story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was told that once an owl locks onto something it does see anything else but it’s target. Heard of it with cars but never bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn... what a chain of unfortunate events, hopefully that's all the bad luck on the road for the rest of her triathlon life. On the other hand, at least it's not trucks causing her these accidents...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The indoor trainer has never been more desirable.
Quote Reply
Re: OMG crash [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Glad she is okay. Turns out we should be more afraid of owls then we thought. :-O They are huge and I had a training partner get attacked by an owl in the woods during a run last year... the thing came out of nowhere and hit the back of his head really hard. Scared the crap out of him and to make it worse he didn't see the owl after the first attach so he didn't know what hit him... he ran like mad only to have the owl continue to swoop down and attach over and over. Eventually the owl stopped. Just a few scratches and a bump on the head but certainly a scary moment. Theory is he ran near the owls nest and it was defending. Same friend encounter a bear (who locked eyes and stood up on his rear legs) on that same trail last week.

I agree... I'm preferring the birds flying around in Zwift more each day.

Quote | Reply
I guess the Coyote in the pack didn't scare the owl away. Glad she is ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a squirrel try to jump through my front wheel during a mountain bike race on a fast descent. Killed the squirrel. I cracked my helmet and had lots of road rash. Totally destroyed my wheel. Still remember the sound of his little head repeatedly hitting the fork leg.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Re: OMG crash [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife was attacked by an owl while on a trail run. It chased her for about a mile going from tree to tree, swooping down whenever she made a run for it. It scratched her scalp and left her with what looked like deep cat scratches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am so sorry to hear this. Another pro athlete had a nasty crash at Chattanooga 70.3 with the same thing happening at high speed. Crashing is no good. Is the owner of the pitbull covering the medical bills for that situation?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's crazy. As with everyone, I hope she is ok.
I was attacked by a pit bull last year on a run. Left some nasty leg scars and a dislike for the breed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pigeon break a spoke but didn't lock the wheel up so no creach. TomA had a picture a while ago of a rabbit he cleanly decapitated with bladed spokes.
Quote Reply
Re: OMG crash [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhh i know who coyote peloton is now! how does he have time to post here? he cycles all day!

his daughter who had this incident is fast, at a sprint tri she was going as fast as me ... 23mph
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad your daughter is ok. She'll probably be shaken up for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: OMG crash [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got attacked by a Canada goose once! It hit me with such force that I almost got pushed into a canal

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year a small bird flew through my front wheel spokes. Completely untouched and I was travelling at least 20mph. Pretty impressive actually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the reasons I like to ride with 32 spoke wheels. Squirrels tend to bounce off rather than dragged in. Friend suffered a serious neck injury from a squirrel suicide.
Quote Reply
Re: OMG crash [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell that poor girl to hang in there.

I've got a similar story...a good buddy of mine was mountain biking RCP in the northeast Dallas area back in the mid 90s and came upon a skunk, and a similar thing happened but in the rear wheel and drive train. Killed the skunk and he got sprayed at point blank range. Developed a nasty rash and had to throw away everything he was wearing. Even the bike smelled for months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen similar.. in fact had an athlete get a squirrel to the front wheel and it got pulled through the front caliper this year... skinned it and somewhat decapitated. Bike came to a sudden halt and threw the athlete over their bars. Back when I rode motorcycles had a friend hit a red hawk and it ended up in his headlight housing.

I sometimes work the bike course for a large event company... heard and seen a lot of odd things, animals, acorns, pedals just falling off, etc.

Hope she heals up well and fast!
Quote Reply