Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How can the O-Ball washers spin this into something positive.... go
Quote | Reply
Getting sick of all the Trump bashing when there is NOTHING........ so lets see how the O-Ball washers spin this to blame Trump and make 44 look like a choir boy.

http://www.foxnews.com/...-with-iran-deal.html

"When it comes to the Iran nuclear deal, the Obama administration increasingly appears to have been a bottomless pit of deception.
First, President Barack Obama failed to disclose to Congress the existence of secret side deals on inspections when he transmitted the nuclear accord to Capitol Hill. (They were only uncovered by chance when then-Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., and Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., learned about them during a meeting with International Atomic Energy Agency officials in Vienna.) Then, we learned that the Obama administration had secretly sent a plane to Tehran loaded with $400 million in Swiss francs, euros and other currencies on the same day Iran released four American hostages, which was followed by two more secret flights carrying another $1.3 billion in cash."
Quote Reply
Re: How can the O-Ball washers spin this into something positive.... go [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll bite. Not a Obama ball washer, so perhaps I am not qualified to answer your question.

This isn't a zero sum game. Both Obama and Trump can have faults. And they both have many!

Your very question suggests that you are not open to possibility that both are good or both are bad- or perhaps even the radical concept that both are/were good and bad for this country.

Perhaps that's the real problem we face now in this country and why our country can't find compromise or unity. Nearly every issue or topic is partisan where both sides are unwilling to admit shortcomings in "their guy" or seek common ground and do work to fix our nation's problems. Like I said, running this country isn't a zero sum game.

I disagreed with 90% of what Obama did, but at least he maintained a measure dignity that was commensurate with the office. I find myself having a hard time getting past Trump's pettiness, selfishness, sloth, impatience and general incompetence to have any confidence in his decision making processes or ability to not embarrass our nation.

Perhaps it's time to objectively look at these people, their parties, their teams, and their decisions without your partisan blinders on.

So back to your question, if you are done washing Trump's balls. Care to share your insights comparing and contrasting the Iran deal and the proposed deal with North Korea?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: How can the O-Ball washers spin this into something positive.... go [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fake news. Witch hunt.

God that was too easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did start laughing at the end when this opinion piece explicitly tried to use this old information to deflect from Trump and Russia. I mean you are supposed to have the reader infer that this is to discredit the Russia ties, do they just not trust their readers? Do they think their readers are that dumb?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The news this week, actually an AP piece from yesterday, was that Obama admin folks misled the American people and congress relative to access to financial markets that they explicitly said they would not allow. This is just another in a long line of bad actions, the point of which was to get a deal with Iran. The hope was that by treating Iran with respect and as a good member of the community of nations, their behavior would turn around. Well before Trump added tumult to this scenario, Iran showed they only used their new-found cash and access to banking to have a heavier footprint of chaos, death, and destruction.
I've written (and given examples) here multiple times that the Obama admin was willing to do anything to get a deal, so this is no surprise. I actually am surprised that Trump has not spiked the ball on his decision to withdraw. I'm also worried that Trump will sign on to a crap deal with NK, just to get a "win", but am thinking with Bolton on one side and Pompeo on the other, that's not going to happen. Will be watching what these guys say, not what Trump says relative to the whole NK situation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5811831/Obama-era-license-aimed-let-Iran-convert-money-dollars.html
Quote Reply
Re: How can the O-Ball washers spin this into something positive.... go [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
I'll bite. Not a Obama ball washer, so perhaps I am not qualified to answer your question.

This isn't a zero sum game. Both Obama and Trump can have faults. And they both have many!

Your very question suggests that you are not open to possibility that both are good or both are bad- or perhaps even the radical concept that both are/were good and bad for this country.

Perhaps that's the real problem we face now in this country and why our country can't find compromise or unity. Nearly every issue or topic is partisan where both sides are unwilling to admit shortcomings in "their guy" or seek common ground and do work to fix our nation's problems. Like I said, running this country isn't a zero sum game.

I disagreed with 90% of what Obama did, but at least he maintained a measure dignity that was commensurate with the office. I find myself having a hard time getting past Trump's pettiness, selfishness, sloth, impatience and general incompetence to have any confidence in his decision making processes or ability to not embarrass our nation.

Perhaps it's time to objectively look at these people, their parties, their teams, and their decisions without your partisan blinders on.

So back to your question, if you are done washing Trump's balls. Care to share your insights comparing and contrasting the Iran deal and the proposed deal with North Korea?

Exactly.

What is needed is a bit of objective thought around (hopefully) good information. Obama did plenty I disagreed with some I agreed with. Trump hasn't done much I could commend him for. Even his tax cut, that has benefited me personally, is hard to get behind because it could take the country down a deleterious fiscal path that hurts me more in the long term.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't really like it, but Reagan, Bush(s), Clinton all had similar things going on. Probably every administration has this kind of scandal. I'm not excusing it, but does this sound worse than something like Iran Contra? No.

I consider a major f*ck up something like going to war for WMD and not finding WMD. Not even finding WMD but misleading people about it. That's the kind of lying that leads to trillions of dollars and many lives lost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O-Ball washer? Come on now. Go for a little originality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting sick of all the Trump bashing when there is NOTHING

How do you know there is nothing when Mueller hasn't issued his report?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Obama administration increasingly appears to have been a bottomless pit of deception

It depends on the deception. Certain things can remain secret -- the spy and psych stuff mostly. Other things must be brought to light: money, specific procedures, and commitments. So, for me, deception is not automatically a dirty word here.

Quote:
First, President Barack Obama failed to disclose to Congress the existence of secret side deals on inspections when he transmitted the nuclear accord to Capitol Hill... Then, we learned that the Obama administration had secretly sent a plane to Tehran loaded with $400 million in Swiss francs, euros and other currencies on the same day Iran released four American hostages, which was followed by two more secret flights carrying another $1.3 billion in cash.

But, based on the criteria above this is not an acceptable deception. It certainly paints the deal in a less favorable light.
Quote Reply