Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek Tri bikes
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else noticed the welds on the new Trek Tri bikes? They look like something from an 8th grade shop project that FAILED. All the welds are ugly, but the area around the wheel cutout is really something to behold. Grody to the max. Like, gag me with a spoon!

Lewis
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Tri bikes [Lactic Achole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately for you there are a lot of bike companies out there. If you don't like what you see - look else where.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Tri bikes [SAHcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of GREAT bike companies out there, including Trek. Trek makes some damn fine bikes, but the welds on the new tri bikes are so bad you just can't help looking. Sort of like when someone has a booger on their nose.

Lewis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you can post a picture of what you are talking about.

I think the newest Trek Tri bike is awesome:

Quote Reply
Re: Trek Tri bikes [sbr140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully there aren't many welds on that carbon frame...:-)

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The areas of particular interest are the head tube, top of the seat tube and rear wheel cutout area.

MUCH uglier in person, but you'll get the idea.

Lewis
Last edited by: Lactic Achole: Dec 24, 05 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think p3c is way sexier,but thats just me.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea - I can see what you mean. There must be a reason for the large welds. I know a guy that rides in our group that has an E9. It's red, so you don't notice the welds as much.

For the price point, all of the Equinox bikes are on target. For 2200 MSRP, you get a nice bike that competes with the Quintana Roo Tequilo and Kilo (big welds also); the Cervelo Dual and P3; and the Felt S32. Ya gotta have welds on an Aluminum bike.

In the end, the bike purchase should be about the fit and the comfort of the ride.

Large welds / small welds don't make a cyclist faster - only the cyclist can do that !

Are you shopping for a new Tri Bike ???
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Tri bikes [SAHcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Are you shopping for a new Tri Bike ???[/reply]

Nope. I love to look at all the new bikes in the shop though. The new Giant F1 (or whatever) looks pretty slick. Even with the gay (pink) tyres.

Lewis
Quote Reply