Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did you look down the back of the couch? (effin lawyers) [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't bother asking because if Bone Idol sold up in Balmoral then he (rather than JSA) has the "fuck you" money :-
Quote Reply
Re: Did you look down the back of the couch? (effin lawyers) [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha!

Actually, I have an update.

Yes, I got my $200k, and my solicitor coughed up a compensation payment without prompting.
She would have been pretty concerned about who I took my complaint to.

Incredibly, though, I received that money sooner than the bulk of funds that my bank managed to misplace. Yes, the biggest bank in the country was unable to tell me where my funds were for more than a week.

I took that complaint straight to the Banking Ombudsman, who actioned it within hours. The bank recovered the money and also offered me a suitable compensation payment with only a little prompting.

On a similar note, I settled a dispute with my shitty internet provider a couple of weeks ago (Telstra, for the Aussies - say no more) and received $1900 compensation for their seriously crap customer service failures. So, I might have a new side business taking on the country' biggest businesses that know less about customer service than a corner cafe. I'm mad as hell and not going to take it anymore.

I do have a shit-ton of cash in the bank, though, which is nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Did you look down the back of the couch? (effin lawyers) [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:
I do have a shit-ton of cash in the bank, though, which is nice.
I hope you're not waiting for the Sydney market to crash before you buy back in with that shit-ton of cash....or are you looking for a tree/sea change?
Quote Reply

Prev Next