Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Am I wrong in thinking that triathlon is the ultimate "look at me!" sport?

Ultimate peacock sport I've ever soon is international sprinting. Those guys spend a good 10 or 15 minutes warming up, flexing their muscles, strutting around the track. Then ~10 seconds of action followed immediately by them all rolling their tops down and strutting around the stadium a few more times showing off all their muscles.
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I came to the same conclusion. I prefer to run in tri shorts. I used to wear baggy shorts over the tri shorts which is what I would generally wear at the gym or running around the neighborhood, but in my last 1/2 marathon, I decided to run in just tri shorts a basic wicking run shirt and it was perfect-loved it and plan to do so in the future every time.
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if you don't look like a Tri Geek, we'll know the truth.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I ever see someone in a tri-suit in a gravel grinder, in person, I'm taking up pocket pool or bowling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I have decided that I hate most running shorts in hot weather on runs over 10 miles. Basically as they get wet and heavy and flop around the legs.

I will race a marathon on Saturday to hopefully BQ and will likely race in either tri shorts, running short tights, or swim jammers.

don't forget your race number belt

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thing sliding up would really drive me crazy :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn’t worry bout tights, I hate the wet shorts too cause I sweat like a mofo.
Seen people at crossHM with ironman one piece suit, that was kinda peacockoverdressedbunchofmamalukes.
So don’t worry sporting your trishort.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you wear a trucker hat, you're a tri geek.

What IS UP with trucker hats?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
140triguy wrote:

The brim? At least that's what D'Kid tells me if the difference between a "Trucker" and a "Snap Back"

I could have that backwards, but one is flat and the other is squished down

Anyway, Truckers/Snap Backs are nothing new; been wearing them since before1989, when this pic was taken

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not if said trucker hat was issued by a coach. Unless your coach drops you mid season 😂

140triguy wrote:
If you wear a trucker hat, you're a tri geek.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my BOCO Gear Technical Tricker hats for running. Plus I am bald and have a big nose and sun screen alone is not going to cut it. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went the OPPOSITE way at my IM's. I changed into true running shorts and Runner tank top in the T2 tent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just make sure to post some photos after

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 my choice short here in NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The faster you run the less geeky you are no matter what you're wearing.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Will I be a complete Tri Geek at my upcoming marathon? [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NF near naked T in my hand
Quote Reply

Prev Next