Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This is what KJU wanted...
Quote | Reply
...and we made it possible.

Russian Federation Foreign Minister Lavrov visits N.Korea. Syrian President Assad is now reportedly set to meet with KJU in Pyongyang. ROK President and KJU have famously met on an international stage that was broadcast last all over the world.

Several people laughed off the idea that our meeting with N.Korea would lend the rogue nation some sense of legitimacy amongst international powers, but here we are, only weeks after announcing the summit, and KJU is being courted.

Maybe this is good and maybe it's bad, but people should realize what happens when you give a leader the benefit of establishing a diplomatic dialogue with them.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: This is what KJU wanted... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you suggesting that past presidents did not meet with the DPRK president for good reason!

This is my shocked face.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But, but, but, Donnie had to. Simply because Obama didn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just my speculation, my guess is that KJU saw everyone fawning over his sister at the Winter Olympics, and realized, wait a minute, maybe we can play at being a non-pariah country.

Since then KJU and surrogates have gone on DPRK World Tour 2018, lot of good photo ops with smiling leaders of world powers.

The Syrian meeting is a bit concerning. Because the last thing the world needs is the DPRK exporting nuclear things to that area of the world.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 3, 18 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: This is what KJU wanted... [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Syrian meeting is a bit concerning. Because the last thing the world needs is the DPRK exporting nuclear things to that area of the world.

I think that's one big problem, lots of nations would love to get their hands on nuclear technology and now that NK has it, there is no way they are going to let it go.

The big problem I see with the talks is that usually, there is at least a broad agreement about the end game. The Trump administration with Bolton and Trump both clearly laid out what they want, and that is for NK to give up all nuclear weapons, stop the program including ballistic missiles that can carry a nuke and completely de-nuclearize.

NK has clearly stated they want a nuclear free Korean Peninsula and that means, no nuclear weapons in South Korea and Japan, including U.S nuclear submarines patrolling the area.

There is zero chance that Kim completely abandons their nuclear program because it gives Kim what he wants most and that is respect from other countries. He's getting it now with meetings of world leaders and will not give it up even with the great negotiator that is Donald J Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Relax. Giuliani has wheeled out the 4D chess board and is doing his best to scupper the summit with gems like this one:

"Well, Kim Jong-un got back on his hands and knees and begged for it, which is exactly the position you want to put him in."
Quote Reply
Re: This is what KJU wanted... [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF is Guiliani even talking about this for? He is Douchebag's unpaid personal attorney. He has zero, fucking zero role in foreign policy.

Plus, even as his personal attorney he keeps rolling out idiotic defenses and statements. STFU Rudy.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what KJU wanted... [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
WTF is Guiliani even talking about this for? He is Douchebag's unpaid personal attorney. He has zero, fucking zero role in foreign policy.

Plus, even as his personal attorney he keeps rolling out idiotic defenses and statements. STFU Rudy.

I really do wonder if Giuliani has early signs of dementia. He's certainly nothing like as sharp as he used to be. Cuomo asked him if he's worried about his legacy. He said no, but he should be. To have been booed at Yankee Stadium pretty much says it all.

And to think Trump probably thinks he's doing a great job. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a meeting with Giuliani, Trump and the others on his legal team (the ones who are competent).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
...and we made it possible.

Russian Federation Foreign Minister Lavrov visits N.Korea. Syrian President Assad is now reportedly set to meet with KJU in Pyongyang. ROK President and KJU have famously met on an international stage that was broadcast last all over the world.

Several people laughed off the idea that our meeting with N.Korea would lend the rogue nation some sense of legitimacy amongst international powers, but here we are, only weeks after announcing the summit, and KJU is being courted.

Maybe this is good and maybe it's bad, but people should realize what happens when you give a leader the benefit of establishing a diplomatic dialogue with them.

I continue to laugh off the legitimacy argument. It doesn't make sense. I don't believe the Russians care one iota about our legitimacy signaling. What they do care about is that something might be going down on June 12, and they'd like to either be considered in some way a part of it, or move it however they can in alignment with their interests. That is not surprising in the least.
Quote Reply
Re: This is what KJU wanted... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

I really do wonder if Giuliani has early signs of dementia. He's certainly nothing like as sharp as he used to be. Cuomo asked him if he's worried about his legacy. He said no, but he should be. To have been booed at Yankee Stadium pretty much says it all.

And to think Trump probably thinks he's doing a great job. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a meeting with Giuliani, Trump and the others on his legal team (the ones who are competent).

Maybe Trump thinks Giuliani will make him look good by comparison? Dementia has crossed my mind as well. I would be scared shitless to have Giuliani representing me.
Quote Reply