Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The road to getting a throat punch is paved with good intentions [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Here’s the thread where we all bitch about something that someone did/does to ‘help’ you but which is not helpful in any way.

Today my MIL loaded the dishwasher (well, half loaded it). It was a disaster. Everything was all wrong. Plates flopping over, glasses in the wrong spots. I have a system which allows me to cram as much stuff in there as possible and I am a little OCD about it. So I had to take it all out and start over. I appreciate the thought but please leave the dishes to me.

Madduck wrote:
my laundry. dont put it away for me. i have a system of what gets hung up, placed in drawers or shoved in a cubby. dont screw up my system.

Hell yeah... I am the storage/space Nazi too (fridge is another battleground); my wife will put pretty much anything anywhere in the first place it fits, never mind what else might be a better use of that same space come the next meal or whatever, and then it's up to me to re-pack multiple small items to make room for large items. Her closet would make me homicidal if I had to hunt for a particular shirt or pair of pants every morning, with everything simply slapped on the first available hanger wherever that may, be instead of shirts hung w/ shirts (long sleeve segregated from short sleeve, etc) and pants w/ pants.

I've tried telling her many times that it's not helpful for me to have to re-stow all my clothes rather than just let me do it my way the first time, but then she gets pissed at me for not appreciating her 'helping' me ~ even though it'd be less work for both of us if she just left it in a pile on my side of the bed or let me wash it in the first place (I often do the laundry too, not like it's 'her' chore). WTF?!?
Quote Reply

Prev Next