Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim day at slowtwitch. heaven? (plus last nights practice)
Quote | Reply
Ok maybe not so much heaven but I had a rant lined up also and couldn't post it last night.

Yesterday during my workout(which was rediculous and i'll post the practice here at the bottom of the post after), I noticed on the other side of the boom(50 m pool) a woman, now ordinarilly a woman being noticed by a guy is pretty much normal, however the whole time she swam I just couldn't stop staring at her stroke. She had what I like to call 'the ironman stroke'.

The 'ironman stroke' consists of a stroke wih breathing intervals on 2, one arm with proper form, and the other arm as if it were a club coming straight out of the water and SLAMMING the water as if it weighed 200 pounds. for a whole hour in complete awe I watch the 'ironman stroke' As if that was the only thing she knew how to do until she moved onto kick. However, the worst part of the whole thing was the entire time she didn't do more than 75 meters for her sets and only swam 45 minutes. Her practice consisted of 50's, 25's and maybe 4 or 5 75's. I thought to myself how can someone swim like this, it's just... un-natural, not only that, but how can someone like this get through 3.8 km swimming and not drown. She needed to spend more time in the pool, that's for sure.

Here's last nights practice.
  • 800m IM reversed
  • 5 x 100 Kick Crawl SPRINT on 2:00
  • 6 x 100 on 2:00 | 1:55 | 1:50 | 1:45 | 1:40 | 1:35 | @ 100% of 400 pace.
  • 200 4:00 | 3:50 | 3:40 | 3:30 | 3:20 | 3:10 |(the 200's and 100's are corresponding to eachother. 100 on 2:00 followed by 200 on 4:00 etcetcetc...)
  • 5 x 100 kick crawl sprint on 2:00
  • 16 x 100 Pullboy & Paddles on 1:50 (active recovery) Bring them in at a comfortable pace, for example last night I brought them all in on 1:17 - 1:20 and i sprinted the last one bringing it in on 1:08.
  • TOTAL 5200 Meters

Compliments of ted.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Last edited by: Ted McGregor: Dec 23, 05 9:46
Quote Reply