Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Armwarmers at Victoria 70.3 this weekend. [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the rain should hold off until we finish, so that's something. Anyone already in town? If so, please post water temp after briefing tomorrow. I'm taking the ferry tomorrow evening.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Armwarmers at Victoria 70.3 this weekend. [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went for a swim this afternoon. Don’t know the exact temp but with my wetsuit on it feels like cool pool water temp.
I wouldn’t say it’s frigid by any means and once you get going it is fine. I’d say it’s once you’re out of the water where the cold would be a concern. It is for me at least.

Good luck to those racing this weekend!
Stay warm!
Quote Reply
Re: Armwarmers at Victoria 70.3 this weekend. [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know what the water temperature is, but I’ve been swimming there for the past few weeks (wetsuit). It’s been very pleasant, and I’m a delicate flower if the water is cold.
Quote Reply
Re: Armwarmers at Victoria 70.3 this weekend. [gaukler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a nothingburger. Rain held off until well into the run. Forecast was 49/57 but it was already 55 before sun came up. Overcast in PNW brings warmer overnight temps. Clear nights lead to cold mornings. It felt... almost warm before race start. I put on a long sleeve jersey over the tri kit in T1 and that was enough. No gloves or booties or anything else.

Honestly I was expecting carnage on that bike course if the rain had started. That was first rain here in almost a month. Rollers the entire way on the bike, and how many 90 degree turns? About 20? Dry conditions didn't stop a few people from wrecking in corners though. I saw at least 3. Every year in those corners there's a few young guys on the ground and ambulance on the way. Took the corner too fast.
Quote Reply

Prev Next