Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mavic inner tube surprise...
Quote | Reply
Hi, I got a couple of new Mavic Presta 60mm inner tubes and when I opened them I was quite surprised to find a small presta valve and some sort of extension. I am pretty sure I had mavic inner tubes before and they had a 60mm valve, no extension.

I attach photo. How can I attach this valve extension to the valve? I have a race on Sunday (IM70.3 St Polten) and although I hope I won't need it, it would be useful to have it ready.

Paulo Matos
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic inner tube surprise... [pmatos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those extensions are for removeable valve cores. You have to unscrew the silver bit from the black bit of the valve stem, then reassemble with the extension in the middle.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic inner tube surprise... [pmatos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unscrew the silver valve. Screw in the new black extension. Screw the silver valve into the new black extension. Done and done.
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic inner tube surprise... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
those extensions are for removeable valve cores. You have to unscrew the silver bit from the black bit of the valve stem, then reassemble with the extension in the middle.

Does that mean that Mavic sold 30mm valves with a 30mm extender? If so, these might help folk with older disc wheels.
Quote Reply