Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morgan Freeman and John Travolta are apparently in town (Savannah, GA) filming a movie. 2 days ago, a buddy at the desk next to me bumped into Travolta at the little hole-in-the-wall Chinese place across the street. My work place is on the outskirts of town so the density of humans is pretty low, making it all the more unusual to bump into a <gushy voice> a famous movie star.

So now we're keeping our eyes open for Morgan. Maybe he doesn't like Chinese?

When I meet him, I'll watch closely for inappropriate behavior.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:

I am sure he's being inappropriate 24/7. He'll probably rape someone in front of you.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
RangerGress wrote:

I am sure he's being inappropriate 24/7. He'll probably rape someone in front of you.

Yes. That was my thought too.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Morgan Freeman and John Travolta are apparently in town (Savannah, GA) filming a movie. 2 days ago, a buddy at the desk next to me bumped into Travolta at the little hole-in-the-wall Chinese place across the street. My work place is on the outskirts of town so the density of humans is pretty low, making it all the more unusual to bump into a <gushy voice> a famous movie star.

So now we're keeping our eyes open for Morgan. Maybe he doesn't like Chinese?

I'd be more interested in seeing Travolta doing some weird scientology bullshit. That being said, I have no idea what that would be :)
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
SH wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
len wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/morgan-freeman-accused-of-inappropriate-behavior-by-8-women/ar-AAxKVvc?li=AAggNb9

Hoping this one isn't true.

Am I the only one that doesn't really care one way or the other? I mean in a general sense I wish no one was out there harassing other people, but in a particular sense it doesn't affect my enjoyment of someone's work to find out a given actor, sports figure, etc. may not be the greatest person on the planet (e.g. the story going around about Anthony Hopkins).

So you are not in favor of ostracizing Morgan Freeman such that he can't work anymore? I think his career going forward is the real thing in play here.

I'm a bleeding heart liberal, I think all people are redeemable.

Instantly redeemable? =)

What are they, a coupon? Do I get a free drink?

No, Freeman should not be banned from ever working again. You don't get to grope women but there has to be some retribution between laughing and destroying someone's life for the kinds of things he is accused of doing. I don't know what that answer is, but we are getting to the point where the only punishment we have available is hanging.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
No, Freeman should not be banned from ever working again. You don't get to grope women but there has to be some retribution between laughing and destroying someone's life for the kinds of things he is accused of doing. I don't know what that answer is, but we are getting to the point where the only punishment we have available is hanging.

Well, another question is should he be banned for some undefined period? I agree it's too bad we don't have much of a range of punishment options in these cases. My opinion is that the humiliation of these revelations might be punishment enough, but I can see how others might argue that's just too light.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

Well, another question is should he be banned for some undefined period? I agree it's too bad we don't have much of a range of punishment options in these cases. My opinion is that the humiliation of these revelations might be punishment enough, but I can see how others might argue that's just too light.

From a practical standpoint, for someone like an entertainer who would do the banning? Don't they basically work whenever someone hires them for something and they take the job?

Is there an organization that can ban an actor from working?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

It definitely isn't easy. And I don't claim to know the answer. Life is easier when you just don't do it. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who mistreat others like this, but complete financial reason for something like what is being alleged seems out of whack.

Harvey is a much easier case. Fuck his life up.

For Morgan, old time instant Matt Dillon justice might be the best answer. Punch him in the nose. Wait no, Matt would just shoot him.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

It definitely isn't easy. And I don't claim to know the answer. Life is easier when you just don't do it. I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who mistreat others like this, but complete financial reason for something like what is being alleged seems out of whack.

For Morgan, old time instant Matt Dillon justice might be the best answer. Punch him in the nose. Wait no, Matt would just shoot him.

If I'm a creep at work, which isn't a crime, and i lose my job. There's nothing stopping me from getting another job in the same line of work or something similar. I don't think there is any mechanism to ban me from working in my area of experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

From a practical standpoint, for someone like an entertainer who would do the banning? Don't they basically work whenever someone hires them for something and they take the job?

Can the screen actors guild(SAG) pull his credentials? I believe most movies are union shops and if the union pulled his card he would effectively be banned.
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

If I'm a creep at work, which isn't a crime, and i lose my job. There's nothing stopping me from getting another job in the same line of work or something similar. I don't think there is any mechanism to ban me from working in my area of experience.

Well, you could be blacklisted. These #meetoo entertainers are getting blacklisted in a sense too. It's a combination of all employers knowing which entertainers have been outed as harassers, and feminist organizations poised (or feared to be poised) to go after any project involving the marked men.
Quote Reply
Re: Now Morgan Freeman? [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:

Can the screen actors guild(SAG) pull his credentials? I believe most movies are union shops and if the union pulled his card he would effectively be banned.

I wondered about that? It wouldn't be so much the employer but the union.

I don't work as a PT but I could certainly lose my license if I did something that came to the attention of the board and was bad enough.
Quote Reply

Prev Next