Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Mavic Pro Alpine drone
Quote | Reply
I have a Phantom 3 so I don't need this. But I kinda want it!

Amazing for only $999.

Cool features include 'constant height above ground' hover, which means you can now have the drone track a skier down a mountain. Prior models would auto-track a person, but at a constant height, so the skier would get smaller and smaller as they descended.

https://store.dji.com/...mp;utm_content=forum

(no affiliation)
Quote Reply
Re: New Mavic Pro Alpine drone [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Phantom 3 as well, and am satisfied with what it can do. But that is like saying my loaded Camry is fine compared with a Lamborghini.

Sweet drone with all it can do and so much smaller, but I have gotten too many tech toys lately to get this also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats the difference to the Mavic Pro Platinum, could not find a comparison chart.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: New Mavic Pro Alpine drone [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 minutes of flight time?

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who owns a Mavic Pro, this is a bit of a yawn. The Pro 2 should be out this year, I'll wait for that and the Phantom 5.

~Brad
Quote Reply
Re: New Mavic Pro Alpine drone [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
3 minutes of flight time?

3 More over the Platnium?? that would then be like 6 min over the Mavic Pro?

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: New Mavic Pro Alpine drone [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, the pro platinum has 3 more minutes. That website sucks, they post different stats for everything.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have not bought one, after looking for several years.

Like the white, $1200 for combo? Seems okay, 7km range and up to 27 min.

I'm thinking goggles are a must.
Quote Reply
Re: New Mavic Pro Alpine drone [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
no, the pro platinum has 3 more minutes. That website sucks, they post different stats for everything.

Right, so whats the difference in the Platinum and the Alpine white?

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody wants to watch your friend ski down a hill. You will watch the video once.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: New Mavic Pro Alpine drone [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Nobody wants to watch your friend ski down a hill. You will watch the video once.

How about canoeing down a river?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: New Mavic Pro Alpine drone [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
BLeP wrote:

How about canoeing down a river?

Nope. Nobody wants to see that either. I know.

Watched it once.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I actually do most videoing of my kids waterskiing and wakeboarding, so my Phantom 3 is perfectly fine for that. Each summer I'll make a fairly short 2-3 min video of very short clips and it can be fairly entertaining.

Tell you what - I'll PM you a link to last summer's and you can report back here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Okay, what about still photography? Yes, the cameras aren't quite as advanced as a dslr or high end mirrorless camera, but it opens up a whole new perspective for photography that used to be reserved only for those with access to helicopter/private plane flights.
I don't claim to be any good at all, but later today when I'll be home and have my hard drive I'll post some pics from mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The video is nice enough but certainly didn't hold my interest. It's well put together though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Obviously more of a video version of a family album, so I've watched it more than once but I understand why you won't!

Fun using the drone close to the skiers - just have to avoid hitting them on the head with it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Unless a squirrel comes out of the woodwork and barrels into his nuts.

Then its on repeat.
Quote Reply