Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can an Edge 1030 sync directly to GC over WiFi without going through your phone?
Quote | Reply
I see that the 1030 has WiFi but I'm having a hard time ascertaining whether it can sync directly to Garmin Connect when connected to WiFi, and not needing to sync via your phone.
Quote Reply
Re: Can an Edge 1030 sync directly to GC over WiFi without going through your phone? [JClishe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JClishe wrote:
I see that the 1030 has WiFi but I'm having a hard time ascertaining whether it can sync directly to Garmin Connect when connected to WiFi, and not needing to sync via your phone.

my 1000 can do it, you need to enable personal hotspot on iphone.
Quote Reply
Re: Can an Edge 1030 sync directly to GC over WiFi without going through your phone? [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
JClishe wrote:

That sucks. Might as well sync the old school way through BT.
Quote Reply
Re: Can an Edge 1030 sync directly to GC over WiFi without going through your phone? [JClishe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 1000 syncs directly to wifi, no phone needed. Assume the 1030 does the same, can't imagine they've gone backwards.
Quote Reply
Re: Can an Edge 1030 sync directly to GC over WiFi without going through your phone? [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
My 1000 syncs directly to wifi, no phone needed. Assume the 1030 does the same, can't imagine they've gone backwards.

That would certainly be ideal. I'll be upgrading from an 810 so this will be new either way, but only being able to connect to a personal hotspot wouldn't be very valuable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the perspective of the Edge, a personal hot spot is just a wifi connection, no different to any other. If it can sync on a hot spot it can sync via any wifi with an Internet connection. I don't think mine can handle hotel type wifis where a separate login screen pops up on your browser, but any home type wifi with simply a name and password should be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-comparison-calculator?type=watch&ids=30244%2C79101#results

DATA TRANSFERUSB, BLUETOOTH, WIFI
You are good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JClishe wrote:
sebo2000 wrote:
JClishe wrote:

That sucks. Might as well sync the old school way through BT.

by saying via personal hotspot it means any wi-fi you have password for. No phone needed, at home I sync via my home wi-fi out on the road via phone personal hotspot (wi-fi)
Quote Reply