Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NYT: Trump almost right about spying on his campaign. [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Culley22 wrote:
I also have a problematic with how they got the info, and how the process has gone.

So you think you know better than the IG?

Why?
Yes. Yes I do.

Because.

Whew, that was easy.

So you are okay with a Government agency approaching a person to spy, when no crimes have been committed?

Why?

Controlled drug buys
Prostitution stings
Cops posing as children online
Under cover investigators
Etc.

What you are complaining about is amazingly common.
Quote Reply
Re: NYT: Trump almost right about spying on his campaign. [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Culley22 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Culley22 wrote:
I also have a problematic with how they got the info, and how the process has gone.

So you think you know better than the IG?

Why?

Yes. Yes I do.

Because.

Whew, that was easy.

So you are okay with a Government agency approaching a person to spy, when no crimes have been committed?

Why?

Controlled drug buys
Prostitution stings
Cops posing as children online
Under cover investigators
Etc.

What you are complaining about is amazingly common.
Cool, you’re okay with it. It would have been easier to just type that.
Quote Reply
Re: NYT: Trump almost right about spying on his campaign. [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:

"Probable cause" is term that describes the level of suspicion investigative bodies must have in order to perform a "reasonable search." Do you have some other standard that you think should be applied? "Beyond a reasonable doubt?"

Do you think a crime should be proven before you're allowed to investigate it?
Quote Reply
Re: NYT: Trump almost right about spying on his campaign. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Culley22 wrote:

"Probable cause" is term that describes the level of suspicion investigative bodies must have in order to perform a "reasonable search." Do you have some other standard that you think should be applied? "Beyond a reasonable doubt?"

Do you think a crime should be proven before you're allowed to investigate it?
Are you projecting? Interesting where your mind was led from my comments.

I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle of “this is a reasonable investigation” and “let’s put an informant in there and weaponize what we find”. Being a POS isn’t illegal. Doing business with shady Russians isn’t illegal. And doing an investigation just in case, is a shitty move. The informant going after info is different than an informant telling about what he knows from his job/position. Was there and “open and ongoing investigation”? They didn’t “investigate”. They had someone dig for information. I just think that is shitty. Open an investigation. Don’t let shitty shit happen so you can have an “I gotcha” moment. I’ve yet to see charges against Trump for Russian interference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
. Doing business with shady Russians isn’t illegal.

Being an undeclared foreign agent *is* illegal. E.g. Michael Flynn. For good reason.

Quote:
I’ve yet to see charges against Trump for Russian interference.

Come on now. You know darned well that it's DoJ policy that it won't charge a sitting President. Have at least a modicum of respect of us here by not trying to slip that through. And what does that have to do with the Carter Page wiretap?
Quote Reply
Re: NYT: Trump almost right about spying on his campaign. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Culley22 wrote:
. Doing business with shady Russians isn’t illegal.

Being an undeclared foreign agent *is* illegal. E.g. Michael Flynn. For good reason.

Quote:
I’ve yet to see charges against Trump for Russian interference.

Come on now. You know darned well that it's DoJ policy that it won't charge a sitting President. Have at least a modicum of respect of us here by not trying to slip that through. And what does that have to do with the Carter Page wiretap?
So he isn’t being charged now, but will, and that will show this was okay? I just have to wait and see? But he wasn’t President when they opened this investigation...

Like I said, somewhere in the middle lies the truth, IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:

So he isn’t being charged now, but will, and that will show this was okay? I just have to wait and see? But he wasn’t President when they opened this investigation...

Like I said, somewhere in the middle lies the truth, IMO.

I think you're trying to conflate two things.

The Carter Page wiretap was not part of the Mueller investigation. The Carter Page wiretap was purely by the FBI, and occurred in October, 2016. Mueller received his mandate to investigate Russian interference in August, 2017.

You're trying to make everything "political" by mixing it all together.

You seem largely captured by celebrity: Trump is the only person who matters to you. Carter Page was affiliated with Trump, so it *must* be about Trump. That's the opposite of how a justice system is supposed to work. The IG report is supposed to help answer this question, though. Will you accept the conclusion of the IG report?
Last edited by: trail: Nov 29, 19 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You seem largely captured by celebrity: Trump is the only person who matters to you. Carter Page was affiliated with Trump, so it *must* be about Trump. That's the opposite of how a justice system is supposed to work. The IG report is supposed to help answer this question, though. Will you accept the conclusion of the IG report?[/quote]
You must really be new here. He will accept the conclusion of the IG report if it shows Trump in a good light, if not, fake news. That’s the simple truth of where things are with all things Trump. Celebrity worship indeed.
Quote Reply
Re: NYT: Trump almost right about spying on his campaign. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
You seem largely captured by celebrity: Trump is the only person who matters to you. Carter Page was affiliated with Trump, so it *must* be about Trump. That's the opposite of how a justice system is supposed to work. The IG report is supposed to help answer this question, though. Will you accept the conclusion of the IG report?

You must really be new here. He will accept the conclusion of the IG report if it shows Trump in a good light, if not, fake news. That’s the simple truth of where things are with all things Trump. Celebrity worship indeed.[/quote]The passive aggressive smug answer from you. Stunner. Must have needed to touch up your tribal face paint. But you can relax;

I don’t care what light the IG report paints the Great Cheeto. I’ll happily accept it, and hope it provides some closure to the rat’s nest that is the past election/current El presidente. But if you all think all of this isn’t tied together, you’re not paying attention (or in denial, which is also a common trait for your tribe).
Quote Reply

Prev Next