Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Optimize ITU bikes
Quote | Reply
The aerodynamics of itu racing is rarely relevant, but in the case of breakaways and marginal gains in the pack what would be the ultimate itu bike for an average 6ft 150lb guy?

my priority would be to pick among the longest and lowest UCI aero frames. Which are they?
Quote Reply
Re: Optimize ITU bikes [Rider17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you want long and low because it's what fits you or because you reckon long and low must be fastest regardless?

What's your road bike fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Optimize ITU bikes [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right. It is for my personal interest, but was keeping it more broad for others to take from too. I have a long torso for my legs and like a "tightish" hip angle.

2nd not bike, but best legal helmet ( very individual on testing i know, but your opinion)

3nd priority would be bar choice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a Specialized Venge Vias Disc without the rise in the aerofly handlebars. I can absolutely fly on flat and rolling terrain, and the bike corners and accelerates unbelievably well. The only disadvantage is that it's heavier than most other top end bikes, but unless you have an extended climb (which you shouldn't in ITU), I can't imagine a faster setup. Plus the disc brakes are fantastic for tight corners and crowded courses.
Quote Reply
Re: Optimize ITU bikes [mikeridesbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree on the disc brakes here. Maybe the top priority on a technical course where handling is more relevant that aerodynamics. Ironman would be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC ITU's rules are more restrictive than UCI's. Within what I understand ITU's rules to be, the new Specialized Tarmac is likely your best option.
Quote Reply