Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sweat guard for TT bike?
Quote | Reply
Yes, I know I can just use a towel (what I use now) or saran wrap, but maybe we can just skip past those recommendations.

What do people use for TT bikes that still allows you to sit in aero, but protects the basebar, front brake, etc? The thongs from CycleOps et al don't seem like they would give access to the pads, or am I wrong?

I found a thread from 2012 recommending one from Anaerobic Zone, but unfortunately it appears their website is defunct.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Sweat_guard_for_trainers_P4288598/

Thanks!

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat guard for TT bike? [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It might depend on your setup, but I have access to the pads with the cycleops one. The velcro strap goes below my pads around the base bar. It doesnt cover the basebar, and brakes so I use a towel as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use an old race T-Shirt. The Bull horns go through the neck and the base bars through the arms. Then I just secure it with a couple of elastic bands

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat guard for TT bike? [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do a couple of things -

1. Cheap bike sweat thong stretching from seat post to aerobars.
2. I drape a towel over the bullhorns so it covers the front wheel.
3. I roll a hand towel and stuff it in the btw cage
4. I have a towel taped around my seatpost
5. I have a couple of hand towels rolled and stuffed into my tube cages.

The shower towel over the bullhorns and under the aero bar work the best to keep the sweat off the front wheel and brakes.

This is on a Speed Concept 2016
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a road bike sweat guard, but run the Velcro around the arm pads, not the bull horns themselves. this protects the frame and headset. I then usuall take a towel and stuff it under the sweat guard, between the arm pads hanging over the front tire and front brake. I use towels as needed to cover the bars, but that's mostly for me to not slip around. Everything I really want to protect is protected.

Another thing I do is cake grease in bolt head and stuff. At least when I know it's going to be on the trainer for a while (I do a lot of indoor riding), I'll take grease and stick it into the gaps of around the stem/aero bar bolts and stuff just so they don't get corroded. I'll clean that all up before I travel with the bike or anything, but wihle it's on the trainer, it's better than everything seizing up. Pull bolts out and re-grease every once in a while too.
Quote Reply
Re: Sweat guard for TT bike? [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone! I'll look at a hybrid approach with the thong plus towels.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grease goes a long way too. We took the bottom bracket airfoil off of the Speed Concept and put extra grease on the rear brakes to prevent sweat corrosion.
Quote Reply