Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help the Hoyts
Quote | Reply
Looks like Dick Hoyt has come upon a string of bad luck.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=117831
Last edited by: Kevin in MD: Dec 21, 05 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: Help the Hoyts [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I'll send them a check tomorrow. Calling on other members of Slowtwitch "Team Spinal" to do the same (you guys know who you are!)
Quote Reply
Re: Help the Hoyts [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine's going out today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As large as we are, why don't we have a huge garage sale? Everyone here has some tri stuff that they are willing to get rid of due to lack of use and it is sitting in the corner of the garage. All of the proceeds can go to the Hoyt's. I am sure that someone has experience with a non-profit atmosphere and can help out. All we need to do is select a trustworthy person to collect the $$ and start a post on here where everyone list what they have. As big as this site is, I am sure we can take a big chunk out of that plus everyone gets something in return. Personally, I don't need anything physical for a return on my money for the Hoyt's but I think some people do. What a better way to celebrate the holiday season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine suggested skipping a local race and sending at least the entry fee to the Hoyt fund. Kinda paying into the Karma bank.

MLT

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Help the Hoyts [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got some stuff to donate: aerobars, chain rings, derailleurs, shifters, saddles. I would donate them if someone can organize the effort.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Re: Help the Hoyts [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some stuff as well. How about a three day contest on here in regards to training volume or something? Everyone that wants to participate send in the money and of course it would be on the honor system. Have it Dec. 30, 31 and 1/1. Most people have those days off or at least enough time to workout significantly. Just throwing out ideas.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave

Similar to the Maurice Effort - I am happy to coordinate if everyone is in agreeance
Quote Reply
Re: Help the Hoyts [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We may want to check with the head honcho but it sounds great to me. All donated items. Prices DO NOT include arranging shipping with the buyer. Sound good?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, once someone collects all the items then what, auction them on ebay or have some sort of public sale?

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
either ebay them - or other st'ers buy them direct from the seller with a central account being used?

Of course - outright donations are not a bad thing too!!

What do you guys and gals think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: Help the Hoyts [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you may mean "Team Neuro"- and I am already in.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply