Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Vitruvians
Quote | Reply
I just got two new pairs of Vitruvian running shoes and wanted to revive the Vitruvian thread and give Chuck LaBonte and his small outfit some attention. I have just about worn out a pair of the Proportion II's and emailed Chuck about a replacement. I can't say what it was but he gave me a very good deal providing I buy two pair so I got one each of the Proportion and the Harmony. I have been using the Harmony the last two weeks and they are great, with just a tad more cushion than the Proportion. I would like to recommend that people try these shoes and help support the company. You can't beat the price, fit or customer service. The looks are a little funky but that's not what they are about. BTW I wear one full size larger (13 vs 12). www.vitruvianrunning.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitruvians [Hoagy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the sizing. I am a funny fit for most shoes since I tend to need a 12.5 and most shoes come in half sizes up to 12 only. I may try a pair of these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second that. I love my Vits. the Proportions II's are considerably lighter than their predecesssor and have a little lower heel rise. On your feet they feel even lighter. They still have the flexible forefoot. My twins are still wearing out the 5 pair they ordered.

One guy at the local 24 hour fitness said, about his Proportion (originals), 'at $60 they would be a bargain. At $30 they are a steal.'

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitruvians [malarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Thanks for posting the sizing. I am a funny fit for most shoes since I tend to need a 12.5 and most shoes come in half sizes up to 12 only. I may try a pair of these.[/reply]

Email or call Chuck. Tell what you size you wear in what shoes and he can tell what size to order.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also love my Vitruvians. Might anyone be able to tell me the difference in fit/feel/ride between the original Proportion and Harmony? The Proportion works well for me but I see there are still some original Harmonies available in my size at $30. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitruvians [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both the new Proportion and new Harmony and they feel/fit almost identical. The Harmony has slightly more cushion due to lack of stability post. For $30 you can't go wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll try the Harmony.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitruvians [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> there are still some original Harmonies
> available in my size at $30

You meant "Symmetry", right?

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which of their shoe is like a Asics 2900 ?

Thom
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitruvians [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Proportion 2 will be closest to the Asics 2000/2100 series. GREAT shoes!!!!
Quote Reply