Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Muskoka [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone up there yet? Hows the water?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Muskoka [sjn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in parry sound (1hr west) and water in our lake has cooled massively over night. Felt great in the wetsuit this morning, but like a hot tub yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone ridden Brunel? How’s the road quality? Looks like it can be done all aero bars very small slight turns? Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just swam most Of the course, and it’s pretty warm. I was in “cruise” mode, and was definitely hot. If anything, I’ll need to avoid pushing too hard simply to avoid overheating.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Muskoka [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode to baysville yesterday- roads are mostly good. Couple short climbs, but other than that, nearly all aerobars.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Muskoka [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx bltri :)
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Muskoka [bltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually preferred this out-and-back bike course to the usual loop. Car traffic was only an issue near the 45km turnaround - other than that, I encountered no issues. I'd be OK if they kept this course for next year.

I did see a report of a sketchy incident on Brunel though: https://doppleronline.ca/...ed-cyclist-off-road/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This route was MUCH better than previous versions of the course, hence the sell out. I had zero issues with traffic and the cars were very accommodating. I can't think of the last time this race sold out? A lot of the people I know that raced it said they'd come back next year if the course stayed the same. Even the run was better this year.

sjn wrote:
I actually preferred this out-and-back bike course to the usual loop. Car traffic was only an issue near the 45km turnaround - other than that, I encountered no issues. I'd be OK if they kept this course for next year.

I did see a report of a sketchy incident on Brunel though: https://doppleronline.ca/...ed-cyclist-off-road/
Quote Reply

Prev Next