Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Daughters Seizure Updates
Quote | Reply
To those of you the remember, about 8 months ago or so, my wife and I had to go to the hospital multiple times due to our newborn having seizures. In total we had 2 trips to the hospital (only counting it as 2 since the first one we didnt even move our car from their parking lot). Stayed several nights overall, had a whole slew of testing run on her, and they found some abnormal activity in EEG (one of them), and ended up having an MRI which showed normal results.

The Neurologist put her on Keppra which we have upped the dose on as the neurologist has prescribed. We have forgotten a few times or miscommunication about whether it was given, and after a month or so we found the "sweet spot" for the ratio to give her, which is about 1/2 what they can safely prescribe.

I am happy to say, we have been incident free since October, so here is to hoping things keep down this path. Just thought I would post a reminder as we are celebrating her first birthday today (even though it was 5-4)
Quote Reply
Re: Daughters Seizure Updates [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is awesome news. Thank you for the update. :)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news, I sincerely hope for her continued improvement.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Birthday to her !

Glad things have been going well.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. I can't imagine the fear that you and your wife went through. Best wishes for a seizure free life for your daughter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good news !

as I also had a daughter that tended to have a seizures when she ran a temperature.... I cant relate.

Mine has been seizure free for 5 years... but I still worry every time she runs a fever.
Quote Reply
Re: Daughters Seizure Updates [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
good news !

as I also had a daughter that tended to have a seizures when she ran a temperature.... I cant relate.

Mine has been seizure free for 5 years... but I still worry every time she runs a fever.

Hope the trend continues for you as well.

With our daughter, the doctors have no idea (not a fever or anything)
Quote Reply