Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So when do you think the subpoena is coming...
Quote | Reply
....I'm getting my popcorn ready because that's when the shit show really will begin. Seems like its just a matter of time. Good legal analysis here.

http://www.cbc.ca/...tional-law-1.4645828
Quote Reply
Re: So when do you think the subpoena is coming... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Trump or maybe some of his other friends?

Mueller asked for 70 blank ones today. 35 sets.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: May 3, 18 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt Trump is going to go in and testify alone to a Grand Jury. It is not like he is an ex lawyer like Clinton is (was?). What it all boils down to IMHO is if congress is willing to impeach him given it is a political process. I don't think the Pubs want to go into mid term elections with Trumps base dead set against them. That is political suicide for them. Mueller moves exceedingly slow either very methodical or he doesn't have much. I see not much happening until after mid term elections. If the dems capture the house then the shit show begins. I'd keep your popcorn dry for now.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: So when do you think the subpoena is coming... [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
I doubt Trump is going to go in and testify alone to a Grand Jury.

He would have to assuming he is willing to offer GJ testimony. Attorneys for federal grand jury witnesses are not allowed in the grand jury. The attorney can be outside the room and the witness is allowed to confer with the attorney should the need arise.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: May 3, 18 14:49
Quote Reply
Re: So when do you think the subpoena is coming... [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
I doubt Trump is going to go in and testify alone to a Grand Jury. It is not like he is an ex lawyer like Clinton is (was?). What it all boils down to IMHO is if congress is willing to impeach him given it is a political process. I don't think the Pubs want to go into mid term elections with Trumps base dead set against them. That is political suicide for them. Mueller moves exceedingly slow either very methodical or he doesn't have much. I see not much happening until after mid term elections. If the dems capture the house then the shit show begins. I'd keep your popcorn dry for now.

I would agree with that. What will be interesting is if impeachment makes it to the Senate and there is tangible evidence Trump committed crimes, will the GOP senators think it's best to cut him loose and regain control of the party ahead of 2020? The alternative may be to double down on Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: So when do you think the subpoena is coming... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree the house has to initiate things so if they do the political price is higher? They also only have 2 year terms. If it gets to the senate they have to have a trial so they cannot run away.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not soon enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump won't answer questions. He'll fight the subpoena all the way to the Supreme Court, and then, if necessary, will take the fifth. If the Dems take the House in November, there's a pretty good chance they'll impeach. They'll make that decision based on who they'd rather run against in 2020, Trump, or someone else. If they do impeach, the Senate will acquit, and Trump will live out his term, just as Clinton did. We'll have peace in Korea, (a reunification) and then maybe peace in the Middle East. Trump will leave office, and CNN will go out of business, their ratings slipping even further without Trump to pile on each day.
Quote Reply
Re: So when do you think the subpoena is coming... [DJFaithful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:
Trump won't answer questions. He'll fight the subpoena all the way to the Supreme Court, and then, if necessary, will take the fifth. If the Dems take the House in November, there's a pretty good chance they'll impeach. They'll make that decision based on who they'd rather run against in 2020, Trump, or someone else. If they do impeach, the Senate will acquit, and Trump will live out his term, just as Clinton did. We'll have peace in Korea, (a reunification) and then maybe peace in the Middle East. Trump will leave office, and CNN will go out of business, their ratings slipping even further without Trump to pile on each day.

I'll speculate that Trump won't run in 2020. He'll cut some deal save himself a prison term and will then in true characteristic form call it a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure there will be peace in the Middle East. Right after disease and suffering ends. People around the world will sing kumbaya together and thank Trump for it all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with this - though I’ve been thinking he’d resign from office and spin it but seems more likely he just won’t run for a second term and soon that.
Quote Reply
Re: So when do you think the subpoena is coming... [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
DJFaithful wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure there will be peace in the Middle East. Right after disease and suffering ends. People around the world will sing kumbaya together and thank Trump for it all.

I went out on a limb a year ago and predicted the Korean peace deal (and the subsequent Nobel), and now I'm predicting a Palestinian-Israeli deal. Now's the time to get a deal with Trump, get it while the getting's good. Kim Jong-un stands to get a much better deal from the fool-madman Trump than from Pence. Think of it as a going out of business sale. Everything must go!
Last edited by: DJFaithful: May 3, 18 20:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:
We'll have peace in Korea, (a reunification) and then maybe peace in the Middle East.

When will we all get our free unicorn ponies?
Quote Reply