Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So I quite possibly destroyed someone's reputation today........
Quote | Reply
A decade or so ago, I worked for someone in a consultancy.

We agrees a salary comprised of base plus pension contributions.

I was young, stupid and naive. The contributions were not paid but the person in question drained cash from business, wife gave up work and kids were put in fee paying schools.

Fast forward to today. I recently rejoined linked in

I saw a former friend advertise a job. Sent him a text and we ended up chatting.

He asks me immediately what happened with X as he talks to him all the time

I set out what he Did, then explain he became insolvent, he then restarted his business adding the word consultancy in to the title so it appeared he had never closed

The guy had no idea

Now I am pretty sure that this particular piece of news will spread like wildfire.

I said I don't particularly care about the money, as much as the fact that all of "you" think he is whiter than white whilst he completely fucked his employees over and relied on their good will to not say anything

Do i feel bad? I could give zero fucks........
Quote Reply
Re: So I quite possibly destroyed someone's reputation today........ [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't lose sleep over it either.

BUT, a word of caution - are you sure what you told your friend is factually accurate and not your perception of what you think happened? I'd be worried about a libel suit if what you told your friend is not actually correct.
Quote Reply
Re: So I quite possibly destroyed someone's reputation today........ [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What that he did not pay me? That he filed for insolvency? That he set his business up again?

It's all public record in the UK and I have in writing what he owes me directly from him

Not sure he'd want to go down that path given what he accepted he owed me in writing and never paid me.........
Quote Reply
Re: So I quite possibly destroyed someone's reputation today........ [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your title is potentially misleading:

The person who fucked you over ruined their reputation a long time ago. Since they never fixed the problem, they have been living on borrowed time (or reputation). You just happened to point it out to another party. Regardless, congrats!!

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am okay with this.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you ever read QB 7 by Leon Uris? Someone destroys someones reputation and the court rules against the defendant and awards the plaintiff something like 7 pence.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply