Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite Bicycles
Quote | Reply
I apologize for my ignorance but what has happened to Elite Bicycles? I remember them as one of the bike brands who had some of the best customer services.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [GO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GO wrote:
I apologize for my ignorance but what has happened to Elite Bicycles? I remember them as one of the bike brands who had some of the best customer services.

Funny you should ask...

I literally just got a bike fit yesterday from one of the Elite guys. He opened his own shop, Philadelphia Bikesmiths. Basically custom alloy frames became unpopular with the rise of carbon and the business model didn't work anymore.

Ohh, and an elite frame was on the wall right behind the fit stand...wish I could figure out how to upload pictures.
Last edited by: LifeTri: May 3, 18 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for that update, I too lost track of the guys with Elite. Have had several athletes really loving his bikes.

Agree about the lack of quality aluminum options, especially if you really need a custom size. And want to keep the budget under a million dollars. Titanium a great choice but spendy too.

Frank the Welder in VT still doing aluminum, building for Spooky and other road brands.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have my T-Class, going on 12 years now. Dave and his crew were great to deal with, I especially liked how they would be onsite up in LP during IM week for free tune-ups.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

Funny you should ask...

I literally just got a bike fit yesterday from one of the Elite guys. He opened his own shop, Philadelphia Bikesmiths. Basically custom alloy frames became unpopular with the rise of carbon and the business model didn't work anymore.

Ohh, and an elite frame was on the wall right behind the fit stand...wish I could figure out how to upload pictures.

Good to know.

I remember that South St storefront staying there for a while, long after the store had closed. Just looked sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worked for Elite at the shop on South St during 2006-2007 but decided I wasn't tough enough to live in Philly and retreated back south. Was a great time while it lasted. Would love to know where David is these days & what he's up to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who did your fit? I'm looking for a good fitter in Philly for both road and TT.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [bpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Max H. - He used to be a tour mechanic for both road biking and ironman. He has fit both my wife and I. Max does a nice job at a fair price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Max H. - He used to be a tour mechanic for both road biking and ironman. He has fit both my wife and I. Max does a nice job at a fair price.
Another +1 for Max at Bikesmith, who has also done fits for both my wife and me, over the past few years.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Bicycles [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a fit there around that time. DG smelled like ciggarettes but the fit was perfect. He was a huckster but knew his sh!t.
Quote Reply