Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to watch (besides the clock) on the trainer
Quote | Reply
I prefer old IM videos (97 and 99 are favorites - I'm a sucker for a good human interest story), Tour De France is ok and Triathlon through the eyes of the elite is good to.

What do you watch...
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch (besides the clock) on the trainer [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"besides the clock" I actually turn the clock around so I can't see it. Generally I just watch TV as Direct TV usually ensures that something is on. I really only watch cycling videos while on the trainer otherwise. I'm actually trying to expand my collection of vidoes to include more of the classics as I mainly have the recent lance tours.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch (besides the clock) on the trainer [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like to put my trainer on my back porch (protected from the wind) and watch my neighbors watch me. LOL.

Or....pitch black. One time I was on rollers for 5 hours in my basement storage room with all the lights out. I am sure that I came out of there looking like I had just arrived from the 5th dimension.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch (besides the clock) on the trainer [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like watching soccer because it never stops, just flows along, and does not require a lot of attention like a good movie or show does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm partial to sporting events and action movies. I've seen most of my old ironman videos too many times and, being in Ontario where it seems to snow every day lately, I'm doing all of my riding inside so I've watched them all over again already this winter. Action movies don't require much focus and there is always something going on. This morning I did a 2 hour ride and watched Speed (again).
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch (besides the clock) on the trainer [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
besides real football (soccer), rugby is also good to watch. Star Wars trilogy, and some old tri video's from the USTS and non drafting ITU days. I put the morning news on but mute it after the news is over I turn on the cd player. Currently listening to Pissing Razors, Pantera and Cannibal Corpse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't watch anything at all. Just listen to music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Ironman videos, spinervals and action movies.

Note dont watch Resident Evil it sucks too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't want to encourage my mind being divorced from my body, so reading magazines, watching a movie, or even watching someone else race isn't for me. (However, Spinervals videos are good.)

I want to be fully engaged.

I find my heart rate monitor a useful tool for this. I do things like pick a target heart rate, and attempt to hold it constant for five minutes. When the five minutes is up, I go to a different heart rate. Sometimes I'll start at 50% of max, and move up 5% every five minutes until I reach 85%, and then step my way back down again. Repeat as desired. Mix it up - maybe reach 80% and then do a half hour of intervals before working back down.

At each minute change inside the five, I make random gear changes - still trying to keep the same heart rate.

While this is going on, I try to understand the difference between my heart rate and my perceived exertion.

This is enough to keep my small brain completely absorbed in the workout indefinitely.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Catholic High School Girls in Trouble'..a late 70s classic!
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch (besides the clock) on the trainer [logan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Resident Evil is quiet good for the Trainer IMHO. Not much thought, action, good looking girl etc. Only watch films if going long and stuck indoors.

Usually listen to dance (trance) music or AC/DC for intervals and speed work as it has a fast beat and nice and lively.

The Scooter DVD is a must if you like any German Techno. Great videos and motivating music to help you destroy the quads. amazon.de sell it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't watch TV so a friend recommended that I download Star Trek episodes. When Star Trek got old, he recommended Alias - not great but better than looking at the wall for an hour.

For movies, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, Star Wars and Final Fantasy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rent a movie. Warm up 30-45 min. -----30-45 min. 53/23 on aero bars-------- 30-45 min 5 min intervals 53/12 standing , easy gear , 53/12 sitting, easy gear, 53/12 standing,easy gear , 53/12 aero bars etc.
Quote Reply
Re: What to watch (besides the clock) on the trainer [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]besides real football (soccer), rugby is also good to watch. Star Wars trilogy, and some old tri video's from the USTS and non drafting ITU days. [/reply]

Where did you get the old tri videos from ITU races?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer watching sporting events of somekind. Hockey moreso than any other. It makes a good 'fartlek' session to do hard intervals after play stoppage. The period intermission is good for recovery and LSD riding.

Weird: Whenever I get on my trainer on the weekend, "the Game" with Michal Douglas is on. weird.

Go Wings
Quote Reply