Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fixie Perspective of Strava?
Quote | Reply
I think he is actually upset he isn't snagging segments, but I'm sure there are you on here who would agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4m35vBCUVg

ps. Isn't there a way to put a video within the thread instead of a link?

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Last edited by: AlyraD: Apr 30, 18 15:57
Quote Reply
Re: Fixie Perspective of Strava? [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this guy is the poster child of the cry like a biatch thread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he should just stop using Strava and assuming he is insightful.
Quote Reply
Re: Fixie Perspective of Strava? [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
this guy is the poster child of the cry like a biatch thread

This

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Fixie Perspective of Strava? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect example of not following rule #5.

Crybaby.

But, not HTFU on the bike necessarily, he needs to HTFU at "life".

There is no set of prime metrics to please every user to make them feel like a coddled snowflake.

To address some specific points he made:

-a paceline won't grab a KOM that actually is worth grabbing....because it's steep enough the pace line's advantage is gone. If it does, it's because a team led their climber out who would have destroyed your time anyway.

-Strava has already updated to be more like a social media platform, to cater to rides like the whiny video maker was posing. You get a nice photo up, etc.. Also, it posts YOUR personal records. If you get a KOM or top 10, great. But it still prioritizes showing people your own personal achievements. So, that point is dead too.

About the video maker:
He's so whiny that I didn't recall or pickup on any of the promotional crap he was pitching or selling for the youtube channel anyway. So, fail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Strava, but I think the guy's got a point. It is easy to get sucked into valuing a ride based only on the objective criteria that makes it to your Strava account. If you approach every ride as a training ride, then that's fine. But, if you're obsessive,you really can let it suck all the joy out of cycling.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Fixie Perspective of Strava? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Perfect example of not following rule #5.

Crybaby.

But, not HTFU on the bike necessarily, he needs to HTFU at "life".

There is no set of prime metrics to please every user to make them feel like a coddled snowflake.

To address some specific points he made:

-a paceline won't grab a KOM that actually is worth grabbing....because it's steep enough the pace line's advantage is gone. If it does, it's because a team led their climber out who would have destroyed your time anyway.

-Strava has already updated to be more like a social media platform, to cater to rides like the whiny video maker was posing. You get a nice photo up, etc.. Also, it posts YOUR personal records. If you get a KOM or top 10, great. But it still prioritizes showing people your own personal achievements. So, that point is dead too.

About the video maker:
He's so whiny that I didn't recall or pickup on any of the promotional crap he was pitching or selling for the youtube channel anyway. So, fail.

Lets not gloss over the point he's clearly upset he can't grab KOM's but at the same time is arguing that it's not about stats and we shouldn't care about stats. So which is it? You can't not care about stats AND care about the unfairness of KOM's being catered to racers.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply