Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [hairypiernas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hairypiernas wrote:
I doubt she paid for the oversized pulleys, she is sponsored. Maybe her wheel sponsor doesn't have disc wheels...

I cannot tell the logo of the wheels, it seems they have been blacked out. So maybe she doesn't have a wheel sponsor.
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
hairypiernas wrote:
I doubt she paid for the oversized pulleys, she is sponsored. Maybe her wheel sponsor doesn't have disc wheels...

I cannot tell the logo of the wheels, it seems they have been blacked out. So maybe she doesn't have a wheel sponsor.

Edco wheels. Blacked out race photo (look at 6:00 on rear wheel), not blacked out in bike fit photo higher up thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [Harbo99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbo99 wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
hairypiernas wrote:

Edco wheels. Blacked out race photo (look at 6:00 on rear wheel), not blacked out in bike fit photo higher up thread.

are you saying the wheel was blacked out just the photo? Could mean she lost her wheel sponsor? But I don't know much about these things...
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
are you saying the wheel was blacked out just the photo? Could mean she lost her wheel sponsor? But I don't know much about these things...

No idea why it was blacked out at race (or if it was done for photo). A quick google search brought me to her personal webpage where she has edco listed as a sponsor.
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [Harbo99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently Edco offers wheels with either white or black decals.

IOW, it just a different set of wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
I'm not a fitter but wouldn't most suggest more reach here???

It's a Retul angular ranges thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoulder angle is a bit tight.(Could be a comfort thing) Like you said Dan would probably like it. Otherwise I think it's good.
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Apparently Edco offers wheels with either white or black decals.

IOW, it just a different set of wheels.

Edco did offer their carbon line in with white or black logos. I just don't think there is an Edco in business anymore. It is hard to tell between venture capital investments and bankruptcies.
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd definitely like to see her with more reach, maybe a slightly lower hand position and a different front hydration solution on that bike.

6-12w saved would be my guess

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 30, 18 18:12
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I'd definitely like to see her with more reach, maybe a slightly lower hand position and a different front hydration solution on that bike.

Just curious, why a lower hand position? Doesn't look like she's anywhere near full-mantis. I thought a bit of rise was generally considered faster for most riders (with the standard caveat that an individual can't know for sure without testing, of course).
Quote Reply
Re: Laura Brandon bike position [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She sang the song Gloria in the 80's
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
desert dude wrote:

Just curious, why a lower hand position? Doesn't look like she's anywhere near full-mantis. I thought a bit of rise was generally considered faster for most riders (with the standard caveat that an individual can't know for sure without testing, of course).
I agree as a little rise relaxes the shoulders and with that helmet it looks pretty good. What hydration system will make that cleaner too and save so many watts?
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her body is nicely in the slipstream of her helmet, will be uncomfortable though for her to look further forward on the road. Looks like she's checking "where's my down tube, where's my down tube".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Very few people have tested as much as you and Jim at Erosports, but it seems like you like horizontal hands and Jim prefers 15* "in general" - is that a result of predominately velodrome v windtunnel testing? It just seems like with as much testing as the two of you do that there would be a consensus on this...

Anyways, just curious.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
why a lower hand position

Yaw angles and drag

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 1, 18 8:23
Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Read this

Now the N=< 75 & the trend is stronger

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 1, 18 8:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, interesting. My initial thinking would have been that the velodrome would have been a little more real world...but I guess it is all zero yaw. That makes sense. Shoot. Now I have to rethink my own thinking...haha

Thanks!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
""""""the velodrome would have been a little more real world""""""

In some aspects the velodrome is superior to the wind tunnel and in some aspects the wind tunnel is a better place to mimic real world. Depends which aspects.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Lauren Brandon bike position [hairypiernas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edco doesn't make a disc. I agree that a wheelcover would be faster but that would probably violate her sponsor agreement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
OK, interesting. My initial thinking would have been that the velodrome would have been a little more real world...but I guess it is all zero yaw. That makes sense. Shoot. Now I have to rethink my own thinking...haha

that would probably be a mistake. as much as ''trends'' are nice and easy to digest basing a decision of yours off testing done by others would be betting on a guess. also, the velodrome is not all zero, it's all 0-2 or 3 i think.
Quote Reply

Prev Next