Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Today's Happy Gun Story
Quote | Reply
https://www.cnn.com/...-mom-trnd/index.html

Pregnant mom and baby daddy go shopping with other kids in car. Mom stays in car with kids while man shops. Mom didn't know he had a loaded gun between the seat and console. 3yo kid finds gun, plays with gun, and it goes off- shooting mom through the seat into her back. Mom survives and kids are now with Child Services.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Today's Happy Gun Story [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is "old news" for 2000 Alex.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Today's Happy Gun Story [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was another one. A 19 y/o walked into a school here in our city with a shotgun in a guitar case, wearing a bullet proof vest and a goal to shoot as many teachers and students as possible. A student saw him and grabbed him, the gun went off shooting the student in the ankle. The gun jammed and he dropped it and ran. Then other school calls went out with rumors of gunman on other campuses. What a mess. I could go on and on.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Today's Happy Gun Story [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://heyjackass.com

There were 23 shot in Chicago in just the last couple of days. Just a normal week though for Chicago..... and for Baltimore, St. Louis, New Orleans etc, to the tune of about 30,000 shootings a year.

Progressives just love to put the " 2yr old kid shoots self in head" story on the front page, but the real gun slaughter in America goes unmentioned, swept under the rug.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's Happy Gun Story [DJFaithful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:

There were 23 shot in Chicago in just the last couple of days. Just a normal week though for Chicago..... and for Baltimore, St. Louis, New Orleans etc, to the tune of about 30,000 shootings a year.

Progressives just love to put the " 2yr old kid shoots self in head" story on the front page, but the real gun slaughter in America goes unmentioned, swept under the rug.

Thank you for peeling back the rug and exposing the underbelly of our gun culture... on behalf of libs everywhere thank you for helping point out the need for a sensible discussion about America's infatuation with guns and the many deaths caused by too easily accessed legal and illegal guns.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's Happy Gun Story [daleagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummmm, aren’t guns illegal in ChiTown? Maybe the libs should start seeing to it that the court system is not a revolving door in the great state of Illinois?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
daleagain wrote:
DJFaithful wrote:

Thank you for peeling back the rug and exposing the underbelly of our gun culture... on behalf of libs everywhere thank you for helping point out the need for a sensible discussion about America's infatuation with guns and the many deaths caused by too easily accessed legal and illegal guns.

You're welcome. Now go tell your lib friends to petition the Huff Post to start putting pictures of the several dozen a week "people of color" shot on the front page. We have extensive biographies of the white victims from Parkland from the NYTimes and the Huff Post, but the 30,000 people of color shot every year in the inner cities go nameless.

Start the new "Tell a lib today" initiative. You explain to 3 liberal friends each and every day (when they're sitting down of course) that more people are killed by being pushed to the ground than are killed by assault rifles (about 200). Explain how schools are about the safest place for a child, and then explain how about 30,000 people of color are shot in the inner cities each year.
Last edited by: DJFaithful: Apr 20, 18 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:
daleagain wrote:
DJFaithful wrote:

You're welcome. Now go tell your lib friends to petition the Huff Post to start putting pictures of the several dozen a week "people of color" shot on the front page. We have extensive biographies of the white victims from Parkland from the NYTimes and the Huff Post, but the 30,000 people of color shot every year in the inner cities go nameless.

Start the new "Tell a lib today" initiative. You explain to 3 liberal friends each and every day (when they're sitting down of course) that more people are killed by being pushed to the ground than are killed by assault rifles (about 200). Explain how schools are about the safest place for a child, and then explain how about 30,000 people of color are shot in the inner cities each year.

We agree on that issue as well. We should give more publicity to the thousands of minorities killed by firearms.

And I have pointed out to some of my reactionary friends that the rate of gun deaths is actually quite low compared to the highs of the '70's and that handguns represent a much greater danger than rifles.

The problem is, as you have well illustrated, we tend to hit our talking points, excoriate the other side and paint them as extremists and fail to see that we have the same goal-- reduce the number of firearm deaths from guns.

See how easy it is to find common ground when we agree on the end goal instead of name calling?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Facts don't matter bro. Ken, you have a Kleenex to spare?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
daleagain wrote:
[
See how easy it is to find common ground when we agree on the end goal instead of name calling?

I hear ya brudder. Also... be sure to explain to your lib friends that if they want to kneel at football games, do it to protest the 30,000 people of color shot every year (mostly by other people of color.) Explain to them how twice as many whites were shot last year by police than blacks. Explain that if 10% of the 223 blacks killed last year by police were unjustified shootings, then by kneeling at football games they're protesting the deaths of 22 African Americans. Ask them to contrast that with the 5000 killed / 30000 wounded in the inner cities from handgun violence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...lice-shootings-2017/
Last edited by: DJFaithful: Apr 20, 18 19:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJFaithful wrote:
daleagain wrote:

I hear ya brudder. Also... be sure to explain to your lib friends that if they want to kneel at football games, do it to protest the 30,000 people of color shot every year (mostly by other people of color.) Explain to them how twice as many whites were shot last year by police than blacks. Explain that if 10% of the 223 blacks killed last year by police were unjustified shootings, then by kneeling at football games they're protesting the deaths of 22 African Americans. Ask them to contrast that with the 5000 killed / 30000 wounded in the inner cities from handgun violence.

Good point about the compare and contrast the white and black shooting rates. I don't think any of my friends, liberal or conservative are happy to read a story about anyone being murdered; black, white, male, female, straight, gay, liberal or conservative, or any other label we either choose or is placed on us by someone else.

Again we have common ground-- the agreement to protest an issue wether large or small (not that 22 murdered African-Americans are a small thing but you get my point).

Perhaps you could suggest to your conservative friends they might consider taking a knee in protest at the number of people of color shot as well, I am positive they would be genuinely honored by that show of solidarity. It would go a long way in healing the divide.

Thank you.
Last edited by: daleagain: Apr 21, 18 4:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
daleagain wrote:
DJFaithful wrote:
daleagain wrote:

Good point about the compare and contrast the white and black shooting rates. I don't think any of my friends, liberal or conservative are happy to read a story about anyone being murdered; black, white, male, female, straight, gay, liberal or conservative, or any other label we either choose or is placed on us by someone else.

Again we have common ground-- the agreement to protest an issue wether large or small (not that 22 murdered African-Americans are a small thing but you get my point).

Perhaps you could suggest to your conservative friends they might consider taking a knee in protest at the number of people of color shot as well, I am positive they would be genuinely honored by that show of solidarity. It would go a long way in hearing the divide.

Thank you.

This almost made me spit out my coffee. Good times.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's Happy Gun Story [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Ummmm, aren’t guns illegal in ChiTown? Maybe the libs should start seeing to it that the court system is not a revolving door in the great state of Illinois?

Yes, the lib's have it all wrong, the pro-gun groups have educated me, and I know actually have a much better understanding of gun laws and gun control, what works and what doesn't. Hand guns and shootings are like speed limits, vary all over and breaking the rules is often ignored.

However full automatic weapon owner ship is limited to a very select group and keeps those in the hands of mostly responsible people.

Therefore we need to roll the laws around fully automatic weapons, down to semi automatic's and hand guns. Over time we will eliminate a whole lot of shootings. Will we be safe, nope idiots will find other less lethal weapons. Acid, knives etc.. But drive by knifings just dont seem like they would be a problem, maybe someone goes to vegas and start's throwing knives and acid from the windows but it just doesn't seem like it would be very effective.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's Happy Gun Story [Sunday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunday wrote:
Facts don't matter bro. Ken, you have a Kleenex to spare?

So, who were you before you registered as "Sunday"? Someone banned, perhaps?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply