Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning
Quote | Reply
I got this today while doing a race, happened literally like 2 seconds into the race. My FTP is set at 270 and my weight is 157. I use an Elite Direto and my max power for the race was 380 there at the start. The rest of the race I was completely hamstrung as the system seemed to penalize me, and I ended up finishing dead last in the B group despite way more power than others. In fact I would have been last in the C and near last in the D group.

Can anyone explain why I would get this? It's not like 380 for a few seconds should cause it to think I am super human right? I mean, looking at the race results on zwiftpower others had way higher power to weights for short durations. Anyone experience anything similar? Any explanations?

It feels pointless to use and race on zwift if this happens for no reason.

Here's my strava if anyone wants to verify the power.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1492473697

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That shouldn't happen. We have numerous safeguards in place to ensure that it doesn't. Do you have the FIT file for the ride? Contact our CS team - https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us - and then forward me the email jordan-DOT-rapp-AT-zwift-DOT-com - and I'll make sure we handle it properly.

Even if you get the rare single power spike - when starting up from a standstill, plenty of trainers will broadcast short surges of 2000w, but only for a few seconds, you still shouldn't get flagged for that.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you wearing a HR monitor and are you registered on zwift power? Some race both these things or they will eliminate you from the results from the start and I the HR requirement isn't always that obvious.

Other than that your numbers don't appear crazy. I would expect at your FTP though to be off the back of a B group race.

EDIT: If you had HR monitor and its was miss-behaving as they often do at the start of a ride it could also cause that issue. If your HR monitor says you are at rest but are pushing over FTP Zwift can think something is fishy.
Last edited by: scott8888: Apr 6, 18 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Sent along my FIT file.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
Were you wearing a HR monitor and are you registered on zwift power? Some race both these things or they will eliminate you from the results from the start and I the HR requirement isn't always that obvious.

Other than that your numbers don't appear crazy. I would expect at your FTP though to be off the back of a B group race.

EDIT: If you had HR monitor and its was miss-behaving as they often do at the start of a ride it could also cause that issue. If your HR monitor says you are at rest but are pushing over FTP Zwift can think something is fishy.

Was wearing an HRM and it was fine, and yeah it's all hooked up through ZP. As far as being off the back of a B group, I've had it both ways, usually I end up mid pack. I can handle sucking. :) But there's no way I should be off the back of the C and D groups and not able to draft.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "Uh-Oh" warning has nothing to do with ZPower. I try not to get too deep into the specifics of how the "Uh-Oh" system works, because it would make it easier for people to game it. But it has nothing to do with HR. It's a function of power (or speed if on a zPower trainer) and duration. That much should be obvious. But we have safeguards in place to guard against power spikes. So that's why I was wondering if the Diretto had sent some obviously bad data, which I didn't see.

And yes, once our system flags you with the "Uh-Oh" warning, you are penalized for the remainder of the ride.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this issue with my cycleops magnus trainer.

I was advised to only calibrate in the Rouvy app and don't calibrate in Zwift. This fixed my issue.

Where did you calibrate? what type of trainer are you using?

Here is the link I followed.

https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005429523
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem. I started in "C" and was about 40 seconds in on the usual bonkers start, trying to chase up to 6-7 C's who'd integrated with the "A" group. I was maybe like in the 30's-40's overall behind all the A's and plenty of B's and C's. And right as I cracked and missed the group with the leading C's, I got the flier alert. I was going around 6 W/kg on my bridge attempt, but again, it was the start, and maybe 30-40s in.

It'd be nice if Zwift could dial down the cutesy smugness factor a little bit, "Miss your calling as a pro?" and "Trust us. We know."

Just because some people on Zwift are jerks and cheat doesn't mean the system should be a jerk to everyone who triggers the alert.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 6, 18 20:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

It'd be nice if Zwift could dial down the cutesy smugness factor a little bit, "Miss your calling as a pro?" and "Trust us. We know."

Just because some people on Zwift are jerks and cheat doesn't mean the system should be a jerk to everyone who triggers the alert.

I completely agree with the above (my reply is to Rappstar though, as he works for Zwift). I recently got flagged for the Zwift Flier alert, which I'm assuming displays that orange triangle with an explanation point to everyone who rides near me both on the right hand side and above my avatars head.

In my instance, I was riding in Zone 2, starting off a long weekend ride and had not experienced any power spikes or unusual speeds. I get the pop-up message that basically calls me a cheater, then Zwift advertises to the rest of the users that I'm a cheater for the next hour (which is fun when they also throttle your speed on a resistance controlled trainer). I reported it to Zwift support who re-iterated that its triggered when "you pass through one of our course segments at a faster time than the game detects is possible" and instructs me to read the article on how to setup my equipment correctly. They also offered to take a look at my logs and fit file if I believe it was an error, which I provided.

After a day, I get an email back telling me that it looks like it was a bug and that its been happening a lot on the new Innsbruck course but, good news, it should be fixed soon.

End result for me is that Zwift incorrectly calls me out as cheating both directly to me, as well as to the rest of the people around me and after they realize its actually Zwift's fault, offer nothing in terms of an apologize on how they treat these situations (if you're going to default to blaming the user, I think you should be prepared with an apology when its your own fault).

I understand Zwift's need to curb the cheating on the platform but they should keep in mind how obnoxious that is to people who aren't actually cheating and get caught up in Zwift's software bugs.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [JaxGator80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely there's not much they can do about that.
Either they try to control cheating or they don't. And with an imperfect system there will be occasions this happens.
Anyone who sees your flier alert is unlikely to check later to see if Zwift apologised to you.

While it may be annoying, I don't think it's the end of the world.
I think you just need to let it go, or be a bit more flexible and restart Zwift to reset it - I presume the flier alert is cancelled at the end of each session?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Either they try to control cheating or they don't. And with an imperfect system there will be occasions this happens.
Anyone who sees your flier alert is unlikely to check later to see if Zwift apologised to you.

I think you just need to let it go, or be a bit more flexible and restart Zwift to reset it - I presume the flier alert is cancelled at the end of each session?

The alert and subsequent speed throttling persist for an hour, regardless if you start the session over. That was my initial thought as well, so I unplugged everything, restarted my AppleTV and re-started, only to find out that it sticks with you for all sessions over the next hour.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [JaxGator80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JaxGator80 wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

The alert and subsequent speed throttling persist for an hour, regardless if you start the session over. That was my initial thought as well, so I unplugged everything, restarted my AppleTV and re-started, only to find out that it sticks with you for all sessions over the next hour.
Oh - yeah that would make it more annoying.
Still, I can't think of much they could do.

When I see flier alerts on Zwift I generally assume there's a good chance it's a technical issue anyway - probably equipment setup or maybe Zwift bug. I wouldn't be branding people cheats just because I saw an alert beside their name. On the other hand, when I see guys my height with similar power to me with W/kg that indicate they weigh 40kg, I assume intentional "cheat". I put that in inverted commas since not everyone is competing/cheating. I have done group "rides" a few times with a couple of friends of differing abilities and we've used weight handicapping to level the playing field to make it more enjoyable and so that we all got a good workout without leaving the weaker guys behind. This is something you can't really do out on the road (okay you could carry a rucksack or drag your brakes but lets be serious!).

Actually, there's one thing I'd love to see on Zwift and it's the ability to set up casual group rides between friends and it would be fantastic if that also facilitated official power handicapping. The handicapping would surely be trivial since it could just be a temporary % bonus or penalty on your power. You could even have all riders enter their FTP and weight and let Zwift auto handicap the event.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, that HR and power doesn't look like a RR at all. It looks like a HR for a little 10 mile cruise on a TT course.

Did you link the wrong activity by accident here? I'd expect a lot of spikes and rests.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift help: "UH OH!" Flier Speed Detection Warning [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I presume you replied to the wrong post by accident. I didn't link anything.
Quote Reply