Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help comparing aero bikes and weights
Quote | Reply
This is my first time here so forgive me if I break any protocols :) Currently I have a titanium Serotta, carbon seat stays, profile design carbon x aerobars, zipp 440 front wheel and renn disc which I've raced at some hilly courses such as IM Lake Placid '04 and IM Coeur D'Alene this year and some flatter courses such as IM Arizona this year (very windy) and Florida '03. I actually posted my fastest bike split at IMCDA, I felt that the flats on the way back with a tail wind easily made up for the weight of a disc climbing the hills. Anyway, ofcourse I want to upgrade my bike at some point, so my question is does anybody have any data on Aero dynamics together with weight for various frames, triathlete mag keeps lauding each new bike that comes out as being wind tunnel tested but there is no data to compare. I'm thinking specifically of the Scott Plasma, Kuoto Kaliber, versus say a Cervelo, Litespeed Blade, etc. or how about Natascha Badmann's ride the Cat Cheetah, she has twist grip brakes, behind the frame brakes , an internal drink system (what does an aerobottle or regular bottle do to the aerodynamics of your setup anyway?) all for about 17.5 to 18 lbs according to the Cat website. Any thoughts....?
Quote Reply
Re: Help comparing aero bikes and weights [TonydeBrit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry about weight. aero trumps weight unless you are riding straight up a long, long, long mtn during you races.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Help comparing aero bikes and weights [TonydeBrit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"does anybody have any data on Aero dynamics together with weight for various frames"

The most important data is that aero is far more significant than weight. A lb or two between bikes isn't very significant. Explained on this sight.

http://home.hia.no/~stephens/aero.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Help comparing aero bikes and weights [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, awesome link, thanks for the info. Looks like I need to get a new bike fit!
Quote Reply