Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Under Armour and My Fitness Pal Data Breach
Quote | Reply
Under Armour is reporting that My Fitness Pal experienced a data breach and exposed 150 million users email addresses and passwords. If you use My Fitness Pal you'll wanna change your password. Also, if you use the same password on My Fitness Pal as you use on your email address, you will want to change your email password too.

https://www.theverge.com/...on-accounts-security

Superfly Coaching
http://www.superflycoaching.com/eric

IL PIRATA VI GUARDA
Quote Reply
Re: Under Armour and My Fitness Pal Data Breach [turneej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... and, if you’d like to change the app: i switched to „fatsecret“, which does the same thing for me:
- i put in my calorie goal for the day
- i defined the split between protein, fat and cabs
- i put in my workouts (calories)
- i scan my food or wheigh it
then i see what i got left for the day. works perfectly.

the only difference to under armors myfitnesspal:
- it’s free
- there’s no ads

i like it so far.

then someone will say, what is lost can never be saved.
despite all my rage, i am still just a rat in a cage.
- smashing pumpkins: "bullet with butterfly wings"
Quote Reply
Re: Under Armour and My Fitness Pal Data Breach [danny_t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danny_t wrote:
... and, if you’d like to change the app: i switched to „fatsecret“

MyfitnessPal syncs with Garmin Connect/Strava to account for calories as well. Are there any alternatives to MFP that also do this?
Quote Reply
Re: Under Armour and My Fitness Pal Data Breach [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
danny_t wrote:

MyfitnessPal syncs with Garmin Connect/Strava to account for calories as well. Are there any alternatives to MFP that also do this?

i had this for a while and decided to ditch it. counting calories turned into a nightmare. aside from that...

garmin connect has an issue that will overestimate your "resting" calories pretty badly. i know my basil rate. it was WAY off. and unfortunately garmin doesnt give you the option to change it to what you know it should be.

i know this is unrelated. just thought id throw it out there for anyone that may be interested.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Under Armour and My Fitness Pal Data Breach [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
GatorRacer wrote:
danny_t wrote:

i had this for a while and decided to ditch it. counting calories turned into a nightmare. aside from that...

garmin connect has an issue that will overestimate your "resting" calories pretty badly. i know my basil rate. it was WAY off. and unfortunately garmin doesnt give you the option to change it to what you know it should be.

i know this is unrelated. just thought id throw it out there for anyone that may be interested.

Yea I agree, but you can manually adjust the calories pretty easily. For instance, without a powermeter, Garmin is pretty consistent in over estimating calorie foir activity by 2x
Quote Reply