Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [Litemike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Litemike wrote:
The story is as I held my phone during a recent fill up I was asked what was so important (I was looking at a picture) I and told it creats static and I am putting this guy at risk. Anyway, I put the phone in my pocket (we have people robbing cars as they fill up) and this guy feels he needs to come face to face with me etc. long story short, he pulls a hand gun out of his car claiming he has a conceal and carry - i book inside gas station. But seriously- this guy was worried about cell phone sparks but not discharging a fire arm? C&C is not meant to settle an argument-

I'd say it's almost 50/50 ratio of people pumping gas with a phone in hand vs not. Some of the most popular stations around me are also deli's for lack of a better term. People start pumping gas and walk into the store to get food.

Did you call the cops ? He sounds like he is looking for a reason to go off.

Hope he never runs into someone smoking while pumping gas. Sounds like he would shoot them and claim self defense.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not call the cops. I am unsure I want the baggage of my name and what it includes as far as being on the record. Yeah, he approached me twice from across the pump rows, the third 3x he brandished. I am still shook up. FWIW, I have been in combat as a Marine, but I am not going to beat my chest because of it. I think if I had my car plated with US MARINES and a bunch of NOTHING in here is worth dying for shit on my car, he may have overlooked my "professional" skinny appearance. His was that of a wanna be biker type. No offense, just a description. Yes, I am also an firearm owner, and I was almost embarrassed of the piece he pulled on me, but I live another day. I felt I was doing no wrong, however, we have some a-holes on this planet.
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station C&C version [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
I thought C&C stood for Cash and Carry

Maybe the guy just wanted to make OP sweat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Litemike wrote:
I did not call the cops.

Too bad. A conviction would likely mean he couldn't legally carry (or possibly possess based upon the charge) a firearm in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotsand wrote:
Litemike wrote:
I did not call the cops.

Too bad. A conviction would likely mean he couldn't legally carry (or possibly possess based upon the charge) a firearm in the future.

I know, unfortunately, I am certain it will happen to somebody else. I just have problems with "worrying" and want to just move on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I felt I was doing no wrong, however, we have some a-holes on this planet.

I don't think you were doing anything wrong. I think the guy has a screw loose and was looking to "mess" with someone. You happened to fit the bill and were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotsand wrote:
Litemike wrote:
I did not call the cops.

Not to mention, someone who brandishes a weapon at a gas station because someone else didn't get off his cell is precisely the person who should not ccw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He threatened you. you really should have called the police.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station C&C version [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
I thought C&C stood for Cash and Carry

Maybe Cocked and Concealed?
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
He threatened you. you really should have called the police.

I agree, but he is pretty lousy at telling a story. Likely would have started like he did with his OP, been arrested for using a cell phone while pumping gas, and only gotten to the "guy pulled a gun on me" part while in lock up.

Seriously Litemike, I can imagine how you feel. I'd be shook up for days. Sorry it happened to you.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just hit reply on last post..

Does anyone else sniff bullshit on this story? Im not saying it didnt happen but it probably didnt happen the way the op tells it. Who pulls a gun on someone for using a phone? I bet the guy asked him to get off the phone and the OP had a few choice words for him. Not that deserves getting a gun pulled on you but something doesnt add up..
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Just hit reply on last post..

Does anyone else sniff bullshit on this story? Im not saying it didnt happen but it probably didnt happen the way the op tells it. Who pulls a gun on someone for using a phone? I bet the guy asked him to get off the phone and the OP had a few choice words for him. Not that deserves getting a gun pulled on you but something doesnt add up..

No it is not bs. The guy insisted I was going to create static having my phone out. I said no, I’m looking at a picture; still insisted it was going to create static and I was endangering him and everybody else- we were the only 2 at the station pumping, no other cars or people. At this point he begins to really insist it is going to blow us up and approaches me so I pocket the phone and tell him to mind is own business. He is then about 5 ft from me with the pump hose between us, ranting that the owner would agree with him and he goes back to his car, turns and begins ranting again - I say look, I’m not breaking any laws, it’s not blowing up the place the phone is gone, just let it go and he returns to his car, I finish pumping and hang the nozzle back on the pump when he says he has a ccw permit, pulls something from his door pocket, and approaches me with a pistol in a holster in his hand asking if I was threatening him or something to the effect that I was now starting something with him (when he turned around the 2nd time I did say fuck are you serious) anyhow, at the point I saw the pistol I ran in the gas station and he took off-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really wouldn’t have thought he’d pull a piece out on me, I did feel it was seriously close - like 95% certain he was going to turn physical. But was super releaved when he turned around the second time - unfortunately it was to get a gun, which was just way outside of what I thought. Guess it is just different in the burbs now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The nice thing about when a "tough guy" brandishes a gun, is he shows it to you. That way when you call the cops, you can describe the gun to them and they end up believing your side of the story. Because how would you know what kind of gun he had if he hadn't threatened you with it? Shoulda called the cops on that dumb ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Cells phones at the gas station [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did get a pic of his car with visible plates. In a crazy turn of events, I saw the guy yesterday, at my gym! I looked at him and he just looked straight ahead. Great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next