Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Duke avoids having to vacate National Championship
Quote | Reply
They should actually be thanking Kansas.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Duke avoids having to vacate National Championship [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Duke avoids having to vacate National Championship [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Huh?

I believe he means they cheat and would have been forced to vacate the title if they won it, so better to lose and suffer less embarrassment.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke avoids having to vacate National Championship [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Huh?

It was a joke. Duke is among the teams named in the FBI probe. Thus, any championship won this year was going to be vacated at some point. Of course, Kansas is on that list as well, so, they still have to worry. But, by losing to Kansas today, Duke doesn't have to worry about have a championship vacated!

Based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier.

https://www.cbssports.com/...ams-named-in-report/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Duke avoids having to vacate National Championship [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been following to close this yr. What have they been doing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

Paying players. See my response above. They are subject to the FBI probe.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think we had been typing at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Paying players. See my response above. They are subject to the FBI probe.

NCAA = "National Cheating Athletic Association."

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Huh?

It was a joke. Duke is among the teams named in the FBI probe. Thus, any championship won this year was going to be vacated at some point. Of course, Kansas is on that list as well, so, they still have to worry. But, by losing to Kansas today, Duke doesn't have to worry about have a championship vacated!

Based on Friday's report, and documents obtained therein, schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include: Alabama, Clemson, Creighton, Duke, Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, USC, Utah, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Wichita State Texas and Xavier.

Y'know who's NOT on that list?

Michigan [and Loyola-Chicago, naturally]

GO BLUE!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Duke avoids having to vacate National Championship [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
JSA wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Huh?

GO BLUE!!!

+1
The defacto national championship is that game.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke avoids having to vacate National Championship [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
JSA wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Huh?

GO BLUE!!!

schools that could potentially face NCAA repercussions include

So, two things:
1. The list is not complete. Michigan could still face NCAA repercussions
2. Even if on the list, a school may not necessarily face repercussions.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply