Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NY Times sucks
Quote | Reply
In the interest of balance, the NY Times sucks. They held on to this story for a year? BRAVO! Good journalism, great civics!

"Oh, we didn't realize that there were so many misgivings within the government about illegally spying on US citizens, so we didn't think it was that important . . ."

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: NY Times sucks [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I let my daily and weekend subscription to the NYT lapse about 2 years ago.I found the bias to be too great to tolerate any longer. Plus the hypocrisy regarding Jayson Blair turned my stomach.

Plus Maureen Dowd has become a screaming Mimi...Alas, I miss William Safire...

MLT

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: NY Times sucks [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In the interest of balance, the NY Times sucks. They held on to this story for a year? BRAVO! Good journalism, great civics!

"Oh, we didn't realize that there were so many misgivings within the government about illegally spying on US citizens, so we didn't think it was that important . . ."
I tend to agree. Unless it took them a year to actually verify the information they had initially gotten, they should have come out with this way back when.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NY Times sucks [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tend to agree. Unless it took them a year to actually verify the information they had initially gotten, they should have come out with this way back when.

NPR had a guest (a media/politics "expert") who reached that same conclusion. Apparently the administration asked the NYT to hold the story for "security" reasons. The guest compared the situation to when the Times had found out about the Bay of Pigs invasion. The Kennedy administration and the CIA asked the Times to hold the story. Ultimately, the Times ran the story. The guest said the Times should have handled the NSA abuse in the same way.

Quote Reply
Re: NY Times sucks [Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

NPR had a guest (a media/politics "expert") who reached that same conclusion. Apparently the administration asked the NYT to hold the story for "security" reasons. The guest compared the situation to when the Times had found out about the Bay of Pigs invasion. The Kennedy administration and the CIA asked the Times to hold the story. Ultimately, the Times ran the story. The guest said the Times should have handled the NSA abuse in the same way.

Heard the same interview; it was a former reporter for the Times: "For a year, The New York Times held a story that President Bush had authorized domestic wiretaps without a warrant. Former Times reporter Alex Jones, now director of the Joan Shorenstein Center on the Press, Politics and Public Policy and the Kennedy School of Government, comments on the paper's decision." Listen to it here. I would note that Jones said the Times ran the Bay of Pigs story in a "different form" and only one column wide.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply