Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skynet Smiles: Driverless Tanks With Artificial Intelligence
Quote | Reply
Debuting in China.

And I'm not so sure I want to eagerly welcome these robot overlords. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Driverless Tanks With Artificial Intelligence [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NO AI here, not sure what your talking about. The Headline of the article was misleading, the article just talks about remote controlled tanks, you know just like we have had remote controlled drones for a long time now.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Driverless Tanks With Artificial Intelligence [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
you know just like we have had remote controlled drones for a long time now.

Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Driverless Tanks With Artificial Intelligence [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
NO AI here, not sure what your talking about. The Headline of the article was misleading, the article just talks about remote controlled tanks, you know just like we have had remote controlled drones for a long time now.

This was my first thought as well. They're using unmanned as if it means autonomous. The AI part that they discussed (i.e. integrating peripheral intelligence) is generations away, and - in all likelihood - won't apply to the current equipment set.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Driverless Tanks With Artificial Intelligence [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

This was my first thought as well. They're using unmanned as if it means autonomous. The AI part that they discussed (i.e. integrating peripheral intelligence) is generations away, and - in all likelihood - won't apply to the current equipment set.

So Skynet only half-smiles.

I can live with that. I don't know if you guys can (or will). Me? I'm ready to head to my tar paper shack in the Montana wilderness at a moment's notice. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Skynet Smiles: Driverless Tanks With Artificial Intelligence [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
burnman wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

So Skynet only half-smiles.

I can live with that. I don't know if you guys can (or will). Me? I'm ready to head to my tar paper shack in the Montana wilderness at a moment's notice. ;-)

That just means nobody will hear you scream when they kill you.
Quote Reply