Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed"
Quote | Reply
Peters said the cable channel has gone from being a valuable conservative voice to "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

"When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of 'deep-state' machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," Peters wrote. "To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

Peters' remarks are noteworthy because as a Fox News national security analyst for 10 years, he has been a foreign policy hawk who frequently criticized the Obama administration.

http://www.latimes.com/...-20180320-story.html

Hard not to disagree. Fox News has become an echo chamber and even Chris Wallace has criticized his own network.
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What took him so long?
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   Also mentioned he came out for gun control, and I imagine he was savaged for that. He makes what I think is the important point, that the Fox primetime of Tucker Carlson, Hannity, Ingram are the face of the network, and largely Trump apologists. I'm still good with the 6 pm news with Bret Baier and Chris Wallace in his Sunday show is good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ARRGG!! Why quit!? He's a soldier trained to fight he should have stayed and fought them, Every time Hanity and others opened their mouths he should be there to shut them up, I don't get it, don't quit, stay and fight!
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
ARRGG!! Why quit!? He's a soldier trained to fight he should have stayed and fought them, Every time Hanity and others opened their mouths he should be there to shut them up, I don't get it, don't quit, stay and fight!

Amen. He should have got his ass fired. Way more effective.
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Do you think Fox would keep him if he was speaking out?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:

Huh? This isn't a Hollywood movie where the plucky little guy fights back and defeats the evil empire, winning the girl along the way.

If your organization clearly no longer represents your beliefs, why the fuck would you continue to work for them? There are plenty of conservative news outlets he can go to to continue to contribute to that process if he wants, and he can speak out more effectively against Fox from outside where he won't/can't be muzzled.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
50+ wrote:

Huh? This isn't a Hollywood movie where the plucky little guy fights back and defeats the evil empire, winning the girl along the way.

If your organization clearly no longer represents your beliefs, why the fuck would you continue to work for them? There are plenty of conservative news outlets he can go to to continue to contribute to that process if he wants, and he can speak out more effectively against Fox from outside where he won't/can't be muzzled.

As stated above, stay until your fired!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Peters said the cable channel has gone from being a valuable conservative voice to "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

"When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of 'deep-state' machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," Peters wrote. "To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

Peters' remarks are noteworthy because as a Fox News national security analyst for 10 years, he has been a foreign policy hawk who frequently criticized the Obama administration.

http://www.latimes.com/...-20180320-story.html

Hard not to disagree. Fox News has become an echo chamber and even Chris Wallace has criticized his own network.

In other news, Lt. Col. Peters has been promoted to Captain. Captain Obvious.
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
In other news, Lt. Col. Peters has been promoted to Captain. Captain Obvious.

Right?! People are acting like this guy's the first frog to wisely recognize that his pot of water is slowly heating to a boil, and jump out.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
slowguy wrote:
50+ wrote:

Why? Why in hell would you stay at a place that doesn't represent your views or morals, waiting for people you don't respect to fire you, instead of leaving on your own terms?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
50+ wrote:
slowguy wrote:
50+ wrote:

Why? Why in hell would you stay at a place that doesn't represent your views or morals, waiting for people you don't respect to fire you, instead of leaving on your own terms?

On top of that, you're purposely being disrespectful on the air to your Network and it's employees. That's not the best way to go about getting a new job.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
50+ wrote:
slowguy wrote:
50+ wrote:

And doing so in a very public way that let's you set the terms of the narrative.

If you wait until they want to fire you then you have to explain the dead hookers in the basement so to speak. Fox could spin the story their way, which I am sure they will do now but it loses a lot of punch when it is after the fact.

And as a contributor he might never actually get fired, they just stop using him to come on shows. Then 6 months after he is last on a show his leaving in a huff doesn't make much news.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

To be fair, this seems to be all the rage in Washington these days
Quote Reply
Re: Lt. Col. Peters quits Fox News, citing "propaganda machine" - "ashamed" [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
slowguy wrote:

To be fair, this seems to be all the rage in Washington these days

Quote Reply