Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Fleck, did I miss your outrage?
Quote | Reply
https://www.thestar.com/...peech-on-monday.html

I have to assume it's coming since you lost it on Harper when he did it....;)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Fleck, did I miss your outrage? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
https://www.thestar.com/...peech-on-monday.html

I had to look up "prorogue".

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Politics has changed A LOT since the simple days of the Stephen Harper minority governments of just a few short years ago. Harper prorogued Parliament several times specifically for strategic advantages, as is Wynne now. I see what she's doing - trying to catch the PC's in a bit of disarray, with Doug Ford newly minted as their Leader. He does not have a Seat in the Legislature, and also does not have the full support of the PC caucus either!

You know what - despite my Liberal leanings, I was actually considering looking for alternatives to Wynne and the Liberals this time around. I was planning on going to our All Candidates Meeting, for our riding, and asking some hard questions of all of the candidates, and listening to what they have said. But now with Doug Ford, potentially set to be Premier - well, that has to be stopped in it's tracks, because, that will be a similar debacle to when his brother was the Mayor of Toronto, only now province wide.

I have life long friends who are Conservatives/Tory's, they have voted Tory regularly in the past, two who have run for and been elected as Conservatives and were in the Stephen Harper government - all of them STRONGLY dislike Doug Ford. "Mortified" was a word that one of them used!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Fleck, did I miss your outrage? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Politics has changed A LOT since the simple days of the Stephen Harper minority governments of just a few short years ago. Harper prorogued Parliament several times specifically for strategic advantages, as is Wynne now. I see what she's doing - trying to catch the PC's in a bit of disarray, with Doug Ford newly minted as their Leader. He does not have a Seat in the Legislature, and also does not have the full support of the PC caucus either!

You know what - despite my Liberal leanings, I was actually considering looking for alternatives to Wynne and the Liberals this time around. I was planning on going to our All Candidates Meeting, for our riding, and asking some hard questions of all of the candidates, and listening to what they have said. But now with Doug Ford, potentially set to be Premier - well, that has to be stopped in it's tracks, because, that will be a similar debacle to when his brother was the Mayor of Toronto, only now province wide.

I have life long friends who are Conservatives/Tory's, they have voted Tory regularly in the past, two who have run for and been elected as Conservatives and were in the Stephen Harper government - all of them STRONGLY dislike Doug Ford. "Mortified" was a word that one of them used!

I'm mortified by all the choices.
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm mortified by all the choices.

This is actually a good election to exercise your vote as I suggested - vote locally. That's actually the way the system is supposed to work. We tend to get so fixated on the Leadership of a Party, but we don;t actually directly vote for that person unless they happen to be in our riding.

If the PC Candidate in our riding REALLY impresses and he strikes me as the kind of person who would be proactive, who would respond to inquiries, and input, then I would give that person some serious consideration - Ditto for any other candidate.

But this means being engage. Going to an All Candidates meeting, or two. Reading up n each of the candidates and making a choice. The problem these days, is so few people actually do this.

If the PC guy wins locally and Doug Ford is the Premier - I'm going to be a thorn in that guys side, for 4 years!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply