Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rolling swim start at IMMOO?
Quote | Reply
Just read an email from Ironman Wisconsin saying they are going to a "improved" rolling swim start. I'm disappointed. If there ever was a venue that could support a "mass" start it is at Lake Monona. I've done that race six times with a mass start and never had a problem finding space to enjoy a nice paced swim. I don't think this change will play a big role in any decision I may make on doing the race again as the fan support makes this my #1 Ironman race and outweighs this disappointing decision by the race director.
Quote Reply
Re: Rolling swim start at IMMOO? [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree 100% but the decision is far better than last years shit-storm wave start.
Quote Reply
Re: Rolling swim start at IMMOO? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't aware they did away with the mass start last year. So, when I did it in '16 that was the last one.
Last edited by: TJ56: Mar 12, 18 13:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
I agree 100% but the decision is far better than last years shit-storm wave start.

+1 on that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+2
Quote Reply
Re: Rolling swim start at IMMOO? [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you done a rolling start? I did my first at IMMT, and I was admittingly a sceptic going in. Looking back, I really enjoyed it, no royal rumble at the start, lots of feet to stay close to. I'm sure on the pointy end. There are guys/girls that need/want that competition in knowing position throughout the race. For the schleps like myself, that's not an issue. I think you might be pleasently surprised at how it works out!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply