Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nike Zoom Fly and Tri? [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Vaporfly 4% to run a marathon next month and so far they are holding up great.

I am also planning to use them in triathon so good to read they can be used in not pure road conditions as some triathlons may include offroad sections. However the upper mesh seems so thin and really not that flexible as I am worried for transitions it will tear when putting on the shoes. I would off course use elastic laces but still in the search of a fast transition you may pull a little harder and I am afraid the shoe might tear.

Anybody with any experience in putting on the vaporfly in transition with elastic laces?
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly and Tri? [Kreiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went for a run in my for first time today and had the same question as you, getting them fit with elastics will be interesting.

Def a different feeling shoe, its the first none Hoka shoe i have run in in the last 4-5 years.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly and Tri? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting mine Tuesday! Was wondering which laceswoild be best. I’ve been using the cheaper elastic lace but might go “high end” and get the xtenex laces since they’re more like real laces with how they can be adjusted to fit each lace hole. Makes getting them perfect take a bit but might be worth it.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly and Tri? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea same, for some reason it seems like its going to be harder to figure out, but maybe I am being dramatic. Will work on this week.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only used them once in a race so far, but my usual Lock Laces worked fine. I've been careful to loosen them up when I'm not wearing them but slipping them on in T1 didn't feel like it stressed the material much.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t have them in my hand so can’t comment about the difficulty but with what you’re saying it looks like it might be a longer process! Looks like xtenex has run specific laces that make it easier to adjust. I hated having to pull both ends when I used them a few years ago. Now seems easier to adjust on the fly. No pun intended.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly and Tri? [timothy11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Timothy,

Quick question : did you get the same size Adios boost 3 and Zoom fly? Any input regarding size variation between these two shoes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Elliot
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Fly and Tri? [ElliotOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use 41 1/3 EU (US 8) in adidas adios 3, and I used 41 in Nike Zoom Fly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next