Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are you drinking tonight?
Quote | Reply
Enough with guns, enough with Donald. It's Friday, it's been a grind of a week, the baby is down, I'm starting with a dark local beer (Dark Matter) while waiting for take out for the missus and me, probably moving on to a rye and ginger ale or two later. Got a sweet bottle of monkey shoulder whiskey for a night cap.

What are you drinking tonight, and why? :-)

Long Chile was a silly place.
Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Mar 2, 18 19:33
Quote Reply
Re: What are you drinking tonight? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing. In bed after prepping to host 10 6 year olds for a birthday party tomorrow. Tomorrow I will need a stiff drink.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Enough with guns, enough with Donald. It's Friday, it's been a grind of a week, the baby is down, I'm starting with a dark local beer (Dark Matter) while waiting for take out for the missus and me, probably moving on to a rye and ginger ale or two later. Got a sweet bottle of monkey shoulder scotch for a night cap.

Had a rum/coke with lime earlier before dinner. I think in Cuba that's called a Cuba Libre. :-) Now on my second "German Blonde" microbrew from the local brew by U. Been watching two great 70's classic comedies on the TCM channel. First was Annie Hall and now Kramer vs Kramer. Wife fell asleep on the couch awhile ago. Those grade two kids tend to wear her out by Friday night. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished one of the best beers from one of our best local breweries, a Catalina Breeze by Mile Wide Brewing. It's a west coast IPA. Working now on a Bearded Iris Scatterbrain. Both very tasty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michelob, has been my favorite beer for over 30 years. Why stop now? Not any of the ultra/light/dark variations, just regular Michelob.

Can't get too drunk, still trying to get some emails out.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Henry of Pelham Baco Noir. "Won" it at a silent auction along with a few other assorted bottles. Wasn't expecting much, but it isn't half bad. 20 cm of snow today, pushing to 30 by tomorrow. Good night to stay in and have some reds.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagunitas.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: What are you drinking tonight? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used to love Michelob back when I was underage. The deli that would sell to us stocked Bud, Michelob and heineken. Hated bud and couldn't afford Heineken. I think I'll get a 6 of Michelob tomorrow.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tequila shot and two glasses of wine to deal with dinner with the FIL.

Re: What are you drinking tonight? [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
Lagunitas.

Love the Little sump’n sump’n.

I went with two fingers of Blantons. Twice
Quote Reply
Re: What are you drinking tonight? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Nothing. In bed after prepping to host 10 6 year olds for a birthday party tomorrow. Tomorrow I will need a stiff drink.

God help you.

Quote Reply
Re: What are you drinking tonight? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Enough with guns, enough with Donald. It's Friday, it's been a grind of a week, the baby is down, I'm starting with a dark local beer (Dark Matter) while waiting for take out for the missus and me, probably moving on to a rye and ginger ale or two later. Got a sweet bottle of monkey shoulder scotch for a night cap.

Had a rum/coke with lime earlier before dinner. I think in Cuba that's called a Cuba Libre. :-) Now on my second "German Blonde" microbrew from the local brew by U. Been watching two great 70's classic comedies on the TCM channel. First was Annie Hall and now Kramer vs Kramer. Wife fell asleep on the couch awhile ago. Those grade two kids tend to wear her out by Friday night. :-)

Funny, I just finished off my 1L of Havana club 7 years brought home from Cuba. The best part about that trip was that every day, around 2 or 3, my buddy and I would crack a rum and light up a partagas p2 and just chat and catch up, as it had been around a year or so since we had gotten together. Good times, and damn those rum and cigars are amazing together.

Quote Reply
Re: What are you drinking tonight? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Just finished one of the best beers from one of our best local breweries, a Catalina Breeze by Mile Wide Brewing. It's a west coast IPA. Working now on a Bearded Iris Scatterbrain. Both very tasty.

Curious, as a West coaster in a craft beer town, what is a West coast ipa?

Quote Reply
Re: What are you drinking tonight? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Can't get too drunk, still trying to get some emails out.

Those are the best emails.
A friend of mine used to write estimates for clients after a few drinks. I can't see how that would go wrong, maybe forget a 0 in the price of a renovation or something...

Quote Reply
Re: What are you drinking tonight? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Tequila shot and two glasses of wine to deal with dinner with the FIL.

That's a recipe for a pukey evening in my book. Tequila and anything will usually lead to that, though.

I can't decide who has it worse, you with dinner with the FIL, or BLeP prepping for a 6 year olds birthday party.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Johnny walker Black easy rocks and then switching to bookers. I may or may not climb the stairs when it’s bedtime!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brandy 2:1 with water. Earlier caves spring riesling from niagara region which is the house white at Longview House.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two extra cold PBRs! Why? Goes great with the dinners I cook, tonight Chicken Tikka Masala/Curry (3 chilis for hotness) on rice.

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: Smil'n Hawaiian: Mar 2, 18 21:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Opened a new bottle of an Italian red to have 1.5 glasses, because I knew my gf wouldn't like it. Since she's sick, I didn't open a different bottle that I'd feel guilty about not sharing. Been sticking to vino instead of bringing beer into the fridge.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oban scotch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last night. A homemade clone of Pliny the Elder. It came out great but a little stronger. 2 is enough. Today is a most excellent quiet morning with a strong brew out of the mocha pot. I paid off all debt on the 1st with the exception of the mortgage and it feels fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beer and bourbon. Because I'm finally done with my antibiotic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rainer

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Curious, as a West coaster in a craft beer town, what is a West coast ipa?

An IPA that's makes us folks still stuck in,winter think we are on a beach. 😀

https://www.beeradvocate.com/...rofile/44793/261208/
Quote Reply