Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero Field of View [shaka999] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello shaka999 and All,

There are some other different procedures besides LASIK that might work for you.

Here is my eye doctor .... highly recommended.

http://www.boxerwachler.com/

http://www.boxerwachler.com/temp-dev/olympics

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Field of View [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like you may have to click the Need lenses only option, or call them to get the prescription part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shaka999 wrote:
I'd love to know what people who need prescription glasses are doing? I have some Oakley Rx glasses but as mentioned by others the rim gets in the way. I actually find myself looking over the glasses quite a bit which obviously impacts my vision.

I'm thinking I need to find some prescription glasses that ride extremely high on the nose. Anyone us prescription [sun]glasses with a visor?
Snooker glasses...

Seriously though, I'm in the same boat as you. Rx Oakley Valve, the rim gets in the way :(
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Field of View [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I've never heard of snooker glasses. They might actually work under a visor but how much is your dignity worth :).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shaka999 wrote:
I'd love to know what people who need prescription glasses are doing? I have some Oakley Rx glasses but as mentioned by others the rim gets in the way. I actually find myself looking over the glasses quite a bit which obviously impacts my vision.

I'm thinking I need to find some prescription glasses that ride extremely high on the nose. Anyone us prescription [sun]glasses with a visor?

I actually spent a fair bit of time talking about this specific situation with my Optometrist during my last eye exam. He ended up writing me a prescription that includes vertical prism, This has the effect of shifting the entire image up or down. Apparently, prism in an eyeglass prescription can range from 1-10. We played around with different strengths in his office, and what I basically concluded was that adding a prism of 2 or 3 to a prescription would have the same effect as adding another 1cm - 1.5cm of spacers, in terms of how much further I could see down the road with the same head/neck position. I already had a pair of prescription Oakley's but I haven't yet had a chance to go order the new lenses for them, so I can't tell you definitively that this solution works. The other complication is that I'd prefer to race with a visor rather than glasses, so I still may end up adding one more spacer for better visibility, rather than shelling out $500 for an "experimental" pair of Oakley prescription lenses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can just wear regular rimless big circle glasses and get the same effect. The key is the nose piece needs to be adjustable, and they do fit under my visor (Aerohead).

shaka999 wrote:
Ha, I've never heard of snooker glasses. They might actually work under a visor but how much is your dignity worth :).
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Field of View [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello alexer03 and All,

View-Speed Cyclops Glasses are not a joke and they work great.

Note that Oakley Radars will not make you faster and cost $223 + tax.

The View-Speed Cyclops Glasses are slightly tinted, UV rated, coated for non fog, and a bit thicker than Oakleys, though admittedly not as stylish looking.

The View-Speed Cyclops Glasses are designed to be functional .... and they are.

http://www.view-speed.com/

Cheerful refund if you try the View-Speed Cyclops Glasses and want to return them.

You might set yourself up for a collision if you do this for very long (without the View-Speed Cyclops Glasses).
They look very, very like safety glasses I've used and I strongly suspect that's exactly what they are. Which is fine.....except for the price. I find it hard to justify spending that on $10-20 glasses with a prism attached. Regardless of function.
Are you saying the glasses are purpose made?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero Field of View [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello alexer03 and All,

Yep ......... the glasses are purpose made.

We looked a many different molds but ended up going for function.

The specs are ours ..... UVA and UVB, shatterproof, temple pieces can be drilled for retainer, tint to our specs.

We bought a fairly large run and so we keep using the same glasses.

As Apple demonstrated, style counts, and admittedly we missed the boat there.

Next time we will get more stylish glasses.

We attempted to gild the lily by having them 'no fog' coated and that caused us some extra work when attaching the prism.

The no fog coating defeated cementing the prism attachment part and we had to manually remove the coating at the attachment contact points which made extra work.

The future may have something like Google Glass or other another video solution, but until then .......

Our Cyclops glasses, while looking like work glasses, are very functional and do not require a battery.

If by using the glasses and keeping your head down more (while seeing the field of view ahead of you and relaxing your neck) would allow you could ride 1 mph faster ...... would that influence your decision to buy?

On a 1 hour ride you would be about 1 mile ahead of your competition.

Which is your dominant eye? And do you have 20/20 vision or corrected vision using contacts?

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next