Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
SH wrote:
Quote:
What I'm gathering from this thread is a lot of people have never set foot in a Dick's. Hard to miss the gun section.

Good to see companies stepping up to do what are inept, corrupt government won't. Dick's just earned all of my sporting goods business :-).

Maybe you've never set foot in Dick's? That has to be the most expensive sporting goods store I've ever seen.

I was all over dicks just last night. Might even go back for me tonight.

Seriously though, I have been to the local one a few times. Now I'm in North GA so the dicks guns may be larger here than elsewhere. Part about giving them my business was completely in jest.
I'm just saying that I know a lot of people that like to go looking around at Dick's because they can't afford to do more.
Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
I bought my Benelli at a Dicks, cheapest i found it anywhere and friendliest CS at a gun counter I found.

This was in Minnesota where we apparently have a lot of Dicks, I prefer the bigger ones. The little ones are more apparel focused.

To be honest, it never occured to me to purchase a gun while looking around at Dick's so I might not be the most knowledgeable person on that issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/...-shooting/380382002/

As a member of the NRA, Dicks never came to mind as a place buy a gun, let alone an AR-15 type weapon. Since they own Field and Stream stores does this affect that chain as well?

My friends on social media are already losing their shit over this one, comparing it to baking a cake. Yes, I have a lot of stupid friends.

Just for the record I've got nothing against Dick's CEO making this decision. There was no freedom limiting economic pressure campaign. The company can decide how it wants to sell (or not sell) guns.
Last edited by: SH: Feb 28, 18 15:56
Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
I bought my Benelli at a Dicks, cheapest i found it anywhere and friendliest CS at a gun counter I found.

This was in Minnesota where we apparently have a lot of Dicks, I prefer the bigger ones. The little ones are more apparel focused.

There are a lot of Dicks in Minnesota, that is for certain.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
MTBSully wrote:

Being from WI, you might know there are Dick's in Platteville (for groceries though). How about this marketing for their savings card?

Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
JSA wrote:
MTBSully wrote:

Being from WI, you might know there are Dick's in Platteville (for groceries though). How about this marketing for their savings card?

Liquor up front, poker in the rear.

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
My friends on social media are already losing their shit over this one, comparing it to baking a cake. Yes, I have a lot of stupid friends.

I have to say, the topic does make for some great and totally irrelevant argument points on social media.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Walmart has also set an age limit of 21 for gun and ammunition purchases.
Quote Reply
Re: Dicks Stops Selling "Assult Type Weapons" and Set an Age Limit all other Weapons [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:

I have to say, the topic does make for some great and totally irrelevant argument points on social media.

Chris seems like a pretty dim bulb. When you consider there are only four lines and one of them is only one word, the ratio of fuckwittery to content in that is huge.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Mar 2, 18 6:12
Quote Reply

Prev Next